Restaurant & Bars Manager
Location: United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Hotel: Wotton House Country Estate Hotel (GUIDW)
Job number: R202640
Wotton House Country Estate Hotel are looking for a Restaurant & Bars Manager to join our growing team!!
Our Restaurant & Bars Manager Support the Food & Beverage Operations Manager with the effective and efficient running of the hotel food and beverage teams, with direct responsibility for the Restaurant, the Bar and the Function bars, ensuring financial targets are achieved whilst maintaining the highest of standards to ensure guest expectation is consistently exceeded.
As a Restaurant & Bars Manager, you will communicate both internally within the Food & Beverage Team and externally, both with the wider hotel team and immediate locale to ensure the guest experience is personalised and always exceeds expectation. You will ensure all team members are trained and manage the shift you are working, and the outlets assigned.
You will work a variety of shifts, including Days, Evening & Night Shifts, over Weekdays & Weekends including Bank Holidays.
So what’s in for you as a Restaurant & Bars Manager:
- up to £38,000 per annum – 40 hour full time contract
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focussing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
To succeed as our Restaurant & Bars Manager, you will need:
- Food & Beverage duty management and team leadership experience for 2+ years in a property of similar size & standard and/or in Events or Banqueting
- Can perform a variety of activities as needed across all food and beverage departments, as a minimum; supervise a large scale meeting, wedding or social event and host and supervise a service across all meal periods
- Expected to have completed Food Safety Level 2 and completion of other appropriate and relevant courses
- Knowledge of appropriate F&B systems to support operational processes table reservation and management system, Micros Simphony (or relevant POS) and Quinyx
- Demonstrates a thirst for knowledge with an understanding on critical issues and potential technology and trends in hotel food and beverage
- Can talk through activities that would be required on a food and beverage marketing calendar and recognizes how to impact different booking channels
Wotton House Country Estate Hotel near Dorking, is an estate like no other. In what was once the former seat of the Evelyn family, this 17th-century house has a long tradition of entertaining guests. Here, a mix of original features and 21st-century style set the tone so that all events are memorable: a wedding day like no other, business meetings that become an unexpected pleasure, training that delights and inspires. Dining is relaxed whether it's a meal in the 1877 Restaurant, or a party for 200 with simple yet delicious food. Afternoon tea is served daily in The Morning Room, whilst upstairs; you'll find a collection of beautifully refurbished bedrooms and suites. 13 acres of grounds so our guests explore Italian gardens, Roman temples, manicured lawns and Surrey Hills beyond
Do you have what it takes to be our Restaurant & Bars Manager? Then, click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.