Restaurant Manager - Shiki Japanese Restaurant
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Australia, South Australia, Adelaide
Hotel: Adelaide (ADLHA), North Terrace, 5000
Job number: 116775
- Leading the way and driving the business – managing guest experiences, team performance and restaurant operations
- Delivering exceptional guest experiences by setting high standards and finding new ways to exceed them
- Having authentic conversations with guests to resolve issues, queries or concerns
- Developing your team’s skills through coaching and regular feedback, to drive results that positively impact on hotel food & beverage performance
- Driving revenue, monitoring budgets and controlling labour costs and expenses.
- Taking responsibility for the appropriate service of alcohol and maintaining a safe working environment
- Minimum 2 years’ related experience, in a leadership capacity
- Open and welcoming personality, inspiring incredible to our guests and the team alike
- Excellent communication, problem solving, reasoning and motivational skills
- Passion for the product and creating relationships with our customer base and industry partners
- Great wine knowledge and the passion to drive sales
- Drive and enthusiasm – a proven ability to motivate and lead teams. A "can do" working mentality
- Flexible - nights, weekends and public holidays are a part of the job
- You may be required to lift objects up to 23kgs
- Compliance with local laws on food handling and serving alcohol – you’ll need to have valid South Australian Responsible Service of Alcohol certification
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.