Restaurant Manager - Kimpton Vividora Barcelona
Hotel Brand: Kimpton
Location: Spain, NJ, Barcelona
Hotel: Vividora Hotel (BCNKI), Carrer del Duc 15, 08002
Job number: 114975
What’s the job?
As Restaurant Manager, you’ll need to bring the best out of your team in a fast-paced environment to give our guests the outlet experience they’ve come to expect. You’ll oversee and support a team of supervisors, as well as the entire front of house operation.
Reports to the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager.
- Manage and oversee the entire restaurant operation.
- Ensure the food & beverage concept of the restaurant is well executed and expectations of guests and the team are accomplished whilst continually looking for areas to improve.
- Continually update service offerings in line with trends and guest expectations.
- Connect with colleagues and guests alike in a positive and friendly manner.
- Manage food & beverage control including inventory, bar pars, costs controls, beverage potentials, mix of sales analysis for beverage, issue & returns and food standards.
- Ensure service and other standards according to SOPs are adhered to.
- Ensure cash handling procedures are followed and all stock items are managed.
- Ensure that the food & beverage team is continually trained in product and menu knowledge.
- Lead your team effectively with on-going service standards training and personal development plans.
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of food & beverages to meet set standards.
- Oversee staff training and carry out on-the-job training where required.
What we need from you
- College and/or advanced training in food and beverage management.
- 2+ years’ experience working as Restaurant Manager in a fast-paced environment ideally in an independent restaurant or in an outlet within a hotel.
- Must be fluent in local language and English, German will be highly valuable.
- Proactive, positive, energetic, dynamic, emphatic, team-worker and with passion for service.
- Knowledge of MICROS system will be valuable.
- Wine knowledge will be valuable.
What to expect from us
- Opening experience!
- Competitive salary.
- Discounted international room rates.
- Employee recognition programmes.
- Training programmes and access to IHG’s training tool.
- Meals whilst on duty.
- Uniform and laundry service.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.