Restaurant Manager - InterContinental Mark Hopkins
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, California, San Francisco
Hotel: Mark Hopkins San Francisco (SFOHA), 999 California Street, 94108
Job number: 123026
What’s on the menu for your next career move? As our new Restaurant Manager, you could be leading the charge to ensure our guests enjoy a truly memorable experience – whether they’ve worked up an appetite from a full conference banquet or are just joining us for their favorite hot beverage. Let's Inspire Incredible together!
A little bit about your day:
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Food & Beverage, every day is different, but your essential functions will include the following:
- Supervise and lead the restaurant colleagues, including hiring, training, and scheduling and performance management.
- Set performance goals for the team and ensure they are met.
- Foster a positive work environment and encourage teamwork.
- Oversee daily restaurant operations, ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations, and restaurant policies.
- Monitor food quality, presentation, and portion control to maintain high standards.
- Manage inventory levels, order supplies and coordinate with vendors.
- Monitor and spot check training programs and syllabi in the restaurant.
- Monitor and review testing in the restaurant.
- Ensure excellent customer service is consistently provided to guests.
- Address and resolve customer complaints or issues promptly and professionally.
- Ensure that all training programs, manuals, tests or other materials are approved and in compliance.
- Understanding all systems and programs and incorporate into restaurant operations.
- Performs all aspects of position with efficiency, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy and initiative.
- Assists all restaurant management teams with all aspects of financial reporting.
- Offer positive solutions to problems or issues and provide input to the decision-making team.
- Ensures that all operational systems are in place for the restaurant.
- Assists in reviewing and ensuring that training curriculums are in place and functioning at the restaurant.
- Supports and assists colleagues during service.
- Ensures that all service points are consistently met.
- Fosters team building and diversity at all restaurants.
- Ensure adherence Property Policies and Procedures
- Assists with all aspects of the operation.
- Manages and participates in all daily restaurant colleague meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What we need from you:
- Minimum two years of restaurant management experience in a senior role
- Proven experience in managing a group of service staff in upscale dining environment.
- Excellent analytical and financial acumen, capable of interpreting and presenting financial data.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with staff, guests, and hotel management.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed in a hotel environment.
- Union experience preferred (more specifically, Unite HERE! Local 2)
What you can expect from us:
The annual pay range for this role is $65,000 to $72,000. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed at InterContinental Mark Hopkins. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. A team member’s pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So, what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Not applicable for Colorado applicants.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.