Restaurant Host at InterContinental Fujairah Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, AE-FU, Fujairah
Hotel: InterContinental - Fujairah Resort (FJRAE)
Job number: EMEAA07141
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190 rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence.
What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort.
Your day to day
Great restaurant memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents and, importantly, service. As a Restaurant Host, you’ll welcome our guests, recommend food and drink and help keep service on-track and up to standard. By tailoring each guest’s experience to their unique tastes, you’ll create memories as delightful as the dishes.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible of the bookings to the restaurants and preparing their special requirements
- Giving buffet orientation, advices, and recommends food & beverage choices to guests
- Assist in maximizing the restaurant revenue by active social media marketing
- Must be able to handle 1 station, including opening and closing duties
- Responsible of restaurant mise-en-place such as preparing buffet tags, printing menus, and other administrative tasks required for restaurant daily operational
- Report all accidents, dangerous occurrences, or hazards, no matter how minor, to the supervisor or Heads of Department.
What we need from you
The ideal candidate should have:
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills
- Experience in Luxury or Five Star Hotel for minimum 1 year
- Being passionate about people and service
- Excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
What we offer
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.