Restaurant General Manager, Moon Rabbit by Kevin Tien - InterContinental Washington DC - The Wharf
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, District of Columbia, Washington
Hotel: InterContinental - Washington D.C. - The Wharf (WASHC)
Job number: R205946
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
A luxurious hotel destination at The Wharf on D.C.’s Waterfront, the InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf is the newest addition to the reimagined Wharf neighborhood bringing sophistication to its contemporary style. Perfectly placed on the beautiful Potomac River, InterContinental Washington D.C. – The Wharf enjoys the most incredible waterfront views of D.C. Steps away from America’s political epicenter, the hotel embraces guests with an exquisitely curated resort destination that reignites the river’s edge and a captivating sanctuary in the center of The Wharf neighborhood, paying homage to the maritime and industrial-working heritage of its setting. Featuring Moon Rabbit, a contemporary Vietnamese restaurant by Chef Kevin Tien with a unique and complex menu, as well as a relaxing seasonal rooftop pool with striking Potomac River views and the indulging full-service spa, The Spa at The Wharf, modern luxury, culture, and a rich history combine in the Wharf neighborhood to create a perfect atmosphere for guests and locals alike.
Your day to day
As Restaurant General Manager, you’ll manage the food and beverage operations of this handsome restaurant offering a modern rendition of Vietnamese cooking by Chef Kevin Tien. You will ensure quality service and standards whilst delivering a memorable guest experience in compliance with all health, safety, or other requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage, and labor costs.
- In partnership with the catering office, identify additional sales opportunities to enhance revenue. Drive promotions that deliver great dining experiences for guests at a good value.
- Ensure all credit and financial transactions are handled in a secure manner.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage
conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations.
- Ensure staff is properly trained on quality and service standards, has the necessary tools and equipment, and is empowered to carry out job duties.
- Ensure all food and beverage equipment are in proper operational condition and are cleaned on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all food and beverage facilities including banquet/convention space are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Manage local food and beverage marketing programs for the hotel; participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programs and promotions. Monitor local competitors and industry trends.
Review and approve menu design and concepts with Executive Chef.
- Conduct proper food and beverage inventory procedures. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, beverage, material, and equipment.
- Ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment, and replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste.
What we need from you
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Some college and/or advanced training in food and beverage management plus 3 or 4 years of related experience, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a similar hotel / restaurant environment.
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification in Hotel Management, Culinary Arts, or related field preferred. Must speak local language.
Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card, as required by local law
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.