Rest Easy - Housekeeping Manager
Location: United States, New York, Brooklyn
Hotel: EVEN - Brooklyn (BXYEV)
Job number: R190881
At EVEN® Hotels we provide a thoughtful lifestyle offering for travellers seeking more options to stay healthier and balanced away from home.
Our hotels and wellness-savvy colleagues offer guests a best-in-class fitness experience, healthier food options and flexible working spaces. We inspire our guests to stay on track with their wellness routines so they can be at their best and achieve more. As a member of the EVEN® Hotels team, you’ll bring your passion for wellness, encouraging others and building connections with every interaction.
Your day to day
- Prepare and monitor the departmental budget and financial plans to support the hotel’s overall profitability.
- Manage inventory, inventory levels, and other expenses based on analysis of budgetary impact, demand, and other factors.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Vendors/Contractors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
- Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- Provide ongoing training, coaching, and counselling to all housekeeping employees.
- Drive salary change, disciplinary, and termination actions for housekeeping employees.
- Drive the hiring process, including job posting, candidate selection, interviewing, and hiring of housekeeping employees.
- Plan and lead team meetings to provide coaching around new procedures, policies, and areas of need, as well as pre-shift meetings to review information pertinent to the day’s activities.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments, including Front Office, Guest Relations, Maintenance, and Food and Beverage
- May be responsible for the security of lost and found items or coordinate the lost and found function with other departments.
- Monitor guest complaints and special requests, and ensure action is taken to achieve satisfaction.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of the housekeeping department, including regularly directing and overseeing the work of two or more full-time housekeeping employees.
- Develop, communicate, and enforce department policies and procedures.
- Plan, schedule, organize, and oversee work to ensure proper coverage, timely completion, and satisfactory performance.
- Schedule routine inspections of guest rooms and public areas, coach employees on deficiencies, and provide corrective action where appropriate.
- Serve as “manager on duty” as required.
- May assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during unanticipated rush periods.
What we need from you
High School Diploma or equivalent, plus management or supervisory experience and four years’ housekeeping/laundry experience, preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity. Some college preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand, and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits –including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click hereto find out more about us.