Reservations and Instant Services Coordinator - voco Orchard Singapore
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: voco™ - Orchard Singapore (SINOR)
Job number: EMEAA32548
The first voco™ hotel in South East Asia is now open on Singapore’s world-famous Orchard Road!
The 423-room hotel provides guests with the world-renowned voco™ experience from the moment they walk through its doors. Famed to be hotels to count on, yet different enough to be fun, voco hotels are unstuffy hotels where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with life. Hotels that stand out from the crowd, voco combines familiar comforts with the indulgences of a hotel, to create somewhere that’s dependable, but not vanilla. Somewhere premium, but with a laidback spirit. Somewhere reliable, but different.
Your day to day
voco Orchard Singapore is looking for a pleasant reservation and instant service coordinator to join its team! The reservation and instant service coordinator is often the first point of contact and sets the first impression for our guests. The reservation and instant service coordinator manages all internal and external calls, and ensure our guests feel welcome each time they connect with voco Orchard Singapore.
- Make reservations accurately on Opera PMS, capturing the correct guest profile (including membership details), stay dates, rates, etc.
- Process requests for cancellations, reservation revisions, information or guest preference updates.
- Sell voco Orchard Singapore products and services using up-selling, cross-selling and suggestive selling techniques to maximize total Hotel revenue.
- Answer phone calls in a prompt (within four rings) and courteous manner, while adhering to Brand Standards.
- Provide accurate information and recommendations about the hotel or the city and the surrounding attractions when asked by guests; mail hotel-specific information sheets and brochures to guests as requested.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction. Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Maintain knowledge of special rates, offers or promotions in Hotel to be able to provide correct and updated information to guests.
- Handle credit card information and charges for all pre-paid reservations securely and accurately, with the goal of maximizing guest satisfaction and reducing rebates.
- Handles non-phone calls tasks (including but not limited to emails, group bookings, requests from Sales, cleaning up of traces, etc.)
- Provide support to operational team in the conversion of Food and Beverage and In-room Dining calls.
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per Hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service.
- Perform other duties as assigned, to support other Hotel functions as and when required.
What we need from you
- You have minimum 2 years working experience in a frontline or customer facing position
- 1-2 years relevant experience in reservations / front office / instant services will be an advantage
- Proficiency in Opera Property Management System will be an added advantage
- Must speak fluent English
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.