Reservations Executive - InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: InterContinental - Singapore Robertson Quay (SINIC)
Job number: EMEAA27261
At InterContinental® Hotels & Resortsour role is to put the glamour into international travel. That’s where you come in. When you’re part of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Join our team as our Reservations Executive in InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills.
Your day to day
- Sell InterContinental Singapore Robertson Quay’s products and services using up-selling, cross-selling and suggestive selling techniques to maximise total Hotel revenue.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Hotel and IHG systems – Opera PMS, Holidex and Loyalty Connect in particular, to ensure appropriate capture of data for guest information, events, forecasts and results.
- Provide recommendations to guests, based on their purpose of travel or stay, the number of people in the travelling party, etc (mostly through emails).
- Make reservations accurately on Opera PMS, capturing the correct guest profile (including membership details), stay dates, rates, etc.
- Process requests for cancellations, reservation revisions, information or guest preference updates.
- Clean up new reservations, from pro-actively checking for duplicate bookings to processing special requests (e.g. honeymoon or birthday amenities, alerts for any allergies, etc.) to ensure a perfect stay experience for all guests.
- Create room blocks for Group bookings on Opera PMS, and communicating with Sales team on cut-off date, group block pick-up and washes.
- Liaise directly with Sales team, for rate quotation and handling Corporate FITs enquiries.
- Manage “no show” reservations by investigating and recording of the same, and providing advice to Front Office on charges (if required).
- Maintain knowledge of special rates, offers or promotions in Hotel to be able to provide correct and updated information to guests.
- Prepare reports accurately and truthfully (e.g. pace report, up-sell report, reconversion reports, etc.).
- Own and resolve guest problems or complaints using appropriate service recovery guidelines.
- Handle credit card information and charges for all pre-paid reservations securely and accurately, with the goal of maximising guest satisfaction and reducing rebates.
- Perform other duties as assigned, to support other Hotel functions as and when required.
What we need from you
We’re looking for someone who:
· has a Diploma in Hospitality/ Tourism or equivalent
· is meticulous with excellent follow up skills
· has great communications skills and enjoys providing assistance to guest in rooms enquiry and reservations
· is willing to go the “Extra Mile” in order to exceed guests’ expectation
· is a great team player who contributes to the success of the Reservations department
· has basic computer skills to operate various property management and reservations systems, etc.
· able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and/or holidays
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including:
· 5-days work week
· Duty Meal
· Birthday Off
· Learning and Development Opportunities
· Medical Benefit
· Dental/ Optical/ Health Screening Benefit
· Insurance Coverage
· Special Employee rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow.
And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 5900 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.