Reservations Agent (Part-Time) | Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Coogee Beach-Sydney (SYDCB)
Job number: EMEAA30877
There’s nothing complicated about dealing with business people.
They’re just people. Doing business.
By day, international marketing superhero. By night: fluffy bathrobe and a box set.
Like Liz, who’s left her laptop cable in the cab. Or Mario, who’s secretly missing his cats. The early riser, who’s first in the gym. The sales team preparing for the ‘big pitch’ over a freshly prepared lunch. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that Modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach is located in a perfect central beachside location, an area priding itself on its laid-back lifestyle, tranquil waters, historic ocean baths and plenty of green spaces.
Your day to day
As Reservations Sales Agent, you’ll be responsible for all reservations activities such as
recording and processing all reservation inquiries made by phone, fax or email and
converting to sales where possible to meet hotel targets. You’ll work closely with other
Hotel departments such as Sales & Marketing, Crowne Meetings and Front Office to
ensure a positive delivery of guest experience.
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will have:
- The right to work in Australia
- Minimum 6-12 months Front Office/Reservations/Customer Service experience
- Qualifications in Hotel Management and/or Hospitality related field preferred
- Proficiency in Opera Property Management System and integrated Point of Sale and channel management systems is highly regarded
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and conflict resolution. Fluency in English,
while bilingual or multilingual would also be advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent stakeholder management, ability to collaborate effectively with departments on groups and projects
- Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise workflow and workload individually and across the team
- Assist with other duties as required
- Flexibility to work a 7 day rotating roster – during the week, weekend and public holiday shifts are all part of the job
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Crowne Plaza Sydney Coogee Beach is registered as a COVIDSafe Business with the NSW Government, and we are committed to ensuring the safety of our guests and colleagues.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.