Rep Maintenance (Keep Active Engineer)
Hotel Brand: Even Hotels
Location: United States, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
Hotel: EVEN - Pittsburgh Downtown (PITEV)
Job number: R188271
At EVEN Hotels, our core mission is to Enable Wellness in Travel.
To inspire our Guests to stay on Track while on the road, we will:
1. Enliven Wellness through our passion, knowledge and resources available to ensure balance and holistic well-being.
2. Be Encouraging by recognizing our guests achievements and offering positive words of encouragement and suggestions.
3. Get Personal to understand our guest wellness goals and help them maximize their wellness journey while traveling.
Your day to day
- Repair or replace items around the hotel and refurbish items in guest rooms. By keeping on top of these tasks, you’ll keep our hotels looking great and working well.
- Organize supplies and make sure equipment is ready for the next day
- Live up to high safety standards – follow guidelines and tell your supervisor about any incidents, dangerous conditions or unsafe equipment
- Take responsibility for the safety and cleanliness of areas inside and outside the hotel, like the car park and pool
- Always keep an eye out for improvements – follow the preventative maintenance calendar and keep everything working and efficient at all times
- Be a friendly face and helping hand to our guests
- Keep your supervisor or duty manager in the loop and tell them about any low running supplies
- Look smart and approachable in your uniform
- Be ready to take on extra duties as and when the team needs you
What we need from you
- Experience – you’ll have at least one year of maintenance or repair work under your belt
- A high school diploma or related vocational training
- You’ll be familiar with Microsoft Office, a building management programme and/or any other reporting tools like HotSos, Opera, Lutron, Bartech, or Inncom
- On top of building equipment and hand tools, you’ll have a working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrics and preventative maintenance procedures
- CPO certification – if the hotel has a pool, a Certified Pool Operator license would be ideal
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day, and will need to bend and kneel a lot
- Compliance – as well as meeting local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
- Great communication skills, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance, a matching 401k plan, hotel discounts worldwide and much more. We will give you the chance to work at a wonderful hotel with a great team of people.
Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself. So what's your passion? If you think you can bring your passion to the role of Building Maintenance we'd like to hear from you. Please apply now.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.