Manager Global Financial Governance
Location: United Kingdom, England, Burton on Trent
Hotel: Corp Branston
Job number: R185711
IHG is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, promising to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making you feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, wherever you are in the world. Strong future plans and recent successes, especially across the luxury space is what has made us stand out from the crowd.
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you. At IHG we celebrate our differences and we believe everyone has something unique to bring to each team.
Your day to day
We are looking for an analytical candidate with a keen eye for detail to join our Global Finance Team.
You will be responsible for the financial governance oversight of global and regional processes and activities involving technical accounting and group treasury matters. This includes overseeing the full Entity Level Control element of the SOX programme including identifying key process risks.
If you have a background in Accounting and Finance and are looking for a new challenge, this role could be for you!
- Responsible for the end-to-end independent compliance oversight for key processes involving technical accounting matters including Leases, Share-Based Payments, Expected Credit Loss and Impairment and group treasury activities including Net Debt.
- All areas of responsibility, end-to-end SOX testing, this includes documenting the process in placemat format, performing and documenting process walkthroughs, identifying the key process risks, working with the process owners to implement key controls, testing the operating effectiveness of all key controls, reporting testing results, and supporting remediation efforts.
- Responsible for the complete oversight of the SOX testing requirements on Entity Level Controls. This includes the identification of the key controls and mapping to the COSO principles, ensuring all points of focus have at least one key control. Allocating controls between Group and Regional responsibility and determining testing strategies.
- It is a fundamental requirement that this role is independent from the processes that are being tested.
- Responsible for testing controls over the accuracy over the ‘back-half’ disclosures of the IHG Annual Report.
What we need from you
- Experience in the design, mapping and delivery of processes and process improvements
- Extensive working knowledge of external audit and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and generally accepted accounting principles and IFRS guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead process change and improvement.
- Ability to competently liaise and articulate with fellow and higher levels of management, demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Progressive work-related experience (post qualification) in accounting and finance with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/processes related to the position
- Experience in the design and delivery of process improvements involving technical accounting processes
- Educational Attainment:
- major accounting qualification (CIMA/ACA/ACCA).
What we offer
We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated.
Alongside our great working environment (currently virtual/remote working environment), we’ll offer you a strong package firstly including an industry competitive salary, an annual bonus, healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.