Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United Kingdom, England, Burton on Trent
Hotel: Corp Branston
Job number: R185619
IHG is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, promising to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making you feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, wherever you are in the world. Strong future plans and recent successes, especially across the luxury space is what has made us stand out from the crowd.
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you. At IHG we celebrate our differences and we believe everyone has something unique to bring to each team.
Your day to day
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Finance Department at our Branston Headquarters.
The main scope of the role will be to Deliver financial insight on Regional & Hotel Ops performance to FP&A and Finance business partners, to support them and the business in driving performance and value to IHG.
If you have a background in Finance or business-related education and are looking for a new challenge, this could be the role for you!
- Provide day to day financial management and analytics to support the respective Finance business partners and business stakeholders
- Supporting the delivery of decision support activities such as target setting, System size and Pipeline budgeting, forecasting and analysis, corporate performance and trading analysis.
- Coordinate the planning, budgeting and forecasting and quarterly business reviews processes in support of the Finance business partners, managing the preparation and review of budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare financial performance reviews, identifying risks and opportunities and offering solutions.
- Provide ad-hoc reports and analysis, incl. scenario modelling to support decision making.
- Build strong working relationships with Finance business partners and collaborate to deliver high quality, relevant insight.
- Recommend process changes to improve IHG's financial performance and financial controls.
What we need from you
- Finance or business-related education. Preferably holding a professional finance qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Experience as a senior finance analyst in a global organisation, incl. experience with operational planning, budgeting and forecasting processes, management reporting, scenario analysis and modelling skills, with preference for leisure and hospitality or similar single unit, multi-revenue stream operations.
- Understanding of trading metrics and key drivers which impact operations revenue and cost.
- Able to independently manage and deliver outputs, incl. managing stakeholders' expectations and junior colleagues.
- Proficient user of Oracle, Essbase, reporting tools, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with online planning applications preferred.
- Ability to prioritise and to operate effectively in an fast moving, global environment with tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
What we offer
We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated.
Alongside our great working environment (currently virtual/remote working environment), we’ll offer you a strong package firstly including an industry competitive salary, an annual bonus, healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.
Closing date for applications: 2nd March 2021