Maintenance Manager - Kimpton Fitzroy London
Hotel Brand: Kimpton (outside the Americas)
Location: United Kingdom, London, London
Hotel: Kimpton - Fitzroy London
Job number: R185536
A London Hotel Like No Other, Kimpton Fitzroy London is a 19th-century iconic building which meets the London of today: From the outside, the landmark building, which occupies a full block along the eastern side of Russell Square in Bloomsbury, looks every bit the part of grande dame. Inside, though, contemporary interiors beckon the discerning traveller to settle in and stay a while, want to be part of this Lifestyle Luxury property as our Maintenance Manager?
Are you looking for a Maintenance Manager role that will offer you flexibility, variety, diversity and where you can stamp you mark on the engineering department?
As Maintenance Manager, you will effectively manage the general maintenance of the buildings and ensure its services are operating to the highest level.
Working closely with the operations team, you'll be committed to maintaining a fully functioning and efficient environment, with the emphasis on forward planning, routine maintenance programmes and prompt repairs.
You will ensure the highest quality of product both external and internal with key emphasis on Company standards and you will also direct and develop your maintenance team members to support you in these areas.
Your day to day
This role will give a great opportunity for a Maintenance Manager to stamp their mark on the engineering team and play a major part in this company’s growth and development.
- Accountable for the completion of the Preventative Maintenance program throughout the properties
- Accountable for the day to day performance of the maintenance team, working alongside the team delivering results
- Accountable for the rostering of all team members to ensure the most effective and efficient use of resources to consistently deliver highest standards
- Ensures routine maintenance contracts are adhered to and that service visits are carried out as per the contract
- Is aware of all statutory and legal requirements, supports Director of Facilities in fulfilment where applicable
- With first-hand experience, recognises departmental challenges and solves multiple undefined problems that may span multiple workflows
- Delivers in the moment coaching to the team as well as regular individual and group trainings
- Shows awareness of market trends and can implement new initiatives
- Thorough knowledge of statutory regulations ensuring the business is always operated within the law
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience managing a people focused maintenance team and have strong people management experience.
- To have experience managing maintenance or technical services, for 3 or more years in a global 4/5* hotel brand
- Experience in all aspects of maintenance that may be expected in a hotel environment such as painting and decorating, carpentry, French polishing, activities generally expected of a 'handyman'
- Trained in and application of Preventative Maintenance
- Knowledge of hotel systems to support operational processes such as service optimisation tool (Quore/Hotsos/Knowcross) and the Building Management System.
What we offer
This is an exceptional opportunity to join Kimpton Fitzroy London in one of London’s most renowned hotels and offers excellent opportunities for career development and progression.
Kimpton Fitzroy London believes that heartfelt connections make people’s lives better. Our colleagues are empowered and encouraged to act from the heart, to go above and beyond to create ridiculously personal experiences for each other and our guests.
Our culture encourages colleagues to be their best selves, and we celebrate the differences of each and every employee. This is reinforced through on-going cultural cornerstones which ensure the Kimpton spirit is consistently experienced across our hotel. Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion.
- Upto £19.23 per hour
- 130 Guaranteed Hour Contract with opportunity to Flex up with Business Needs.
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
- Company Pension scheme
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (Increasing with Service to a Max 33 Days)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our Voluntary Benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop your career.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Maintenance Manager, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK