Supv Housekeeping (190235)
Hotel Brand: IHG Army Hotels
Location: United States, Georgia, Fort Gordon
Hotel: IHG Army Hotels - Fort Gordon (MFGRA)
Job number: R184738
Do you see yourself as a Housekeeping Supervisor?
What's your passion? Whether you're into reading, rowing a boat or trying a new recipe, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Army Hotels is looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor at our Fort Gordon, GA location. At IHG Army Hotels, our mission is to provide great on-post hotel stay experiences to military personnel, families, as well as guests. We do this by providing convenient, reasonably priced hotels on 40 installations across the nation- many featuring brand-name hotels previously only offered off post.
This role has the overall responsibility to assist in Supervising the Housekeeping Department.
Your day to day
Key job duties and responsibilities for the Housekeeping Supervisor include:
- Assist with scheduling and room assignments to ensure proper coverage.
- Monitor performance and recommend disciplinary action in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
- Inspect all assigned areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens, and public areas are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction. Advise employees of deficiencies and instruct on corrective action. Provide adequate retraining as needed.
- Inspect storage rooms and room attendant carts for neatness, cleanliness, adequate supplies, and good repair.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties such as filling out supply requisitions, maintenance request forms, and updating log books, etc.
- May perform all housekeeping duties necessary including makings beds and vacuuming and cleaning guest rooms to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Requirements include a High School Diploma or equivalent plus 1-2 year housekeeping experience, preferably in a hotel of a similar size and complexity, including some supervisory training/experience. Some college is preferred and you may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and employees.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when compiling departmental records, logs, or paperwork.
- Basic mathematical skills are used occasionally.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
This position also requires you to be authorized to work in the United States and the ability to pass an NCIC III background check in order to gain access to the military installation.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.