Qualified Chefs (Full-Time) - Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley
Job number: 102638
Join us at the award-winning Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, Regional NSW, more specifically the Hunter Valley, is less than 2 hours drive north of Sydney, and 40 minutes from Newcastle (which has some of the most amazing beaches in NSW) is one of the hottest destinations for travel right now. We’re looking for skilled, creative & energetic talent to join our multi-faceted culinary team to work in our signature Restaurant Redsalt, be part of our Conference & Events team, pump it out in Lovedale Bar and Grill or poach an egg or 200 in breakfast. Whether it be as a Commis, Demi Chef or Chef de Partie. No split shifts, uniforms are provided and laundered, meals provided on shift, great team culture and we want you!
A little taste of your day-to-day:
Every Day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
We’re looking for skilled, creative & energetic talent to join our culinary team – whether it be as a Commis, Demi Chef, or Chef de Partie and have been waiting for the right opportunity to come along!
Every day is different and exciting but you can count on preparing some great food for our guests in one of our restaurants, bars, room service or banquets areas.
Your culinary passion and creativity will flow through into your presentation and you’ll pride yourself on delivering a fantastic culinary experience for guests, with an emphasis on maintaining hygienic standards and consistency.
What We need from you:
● A minimum of 1 years experience as a qualified Commis Chef
● For Chef de Partie and above, experience in leading and managing teams is required with a minimum of 5+ years post apprenticeship experience required
●Strong organisational, written and communication skills along with strong attention to detail
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise workload
● Look smart – wear your uniform with pride and adhere to personal grooming and hygiene standards
● You must have your own transport
● Fitness as you will be required to lift and carry heavy objects such as stock, large kitchen items etc
What We need from you:
● Previous experience in a similar role in a kitchen environment is highly desirable, but not essential - we'll provide training
●Highly motivated and deadline driven to support the food and beverage operation, whilst maintaining a high standard of hygienic standards and practices
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a positive and enthusiastic approach to all aspects of the role
● You must have the legal right to work in Australia
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family. #GoFurtherTogether
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.