Qualified Chefs - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, Queensland, Hayman Island
Hotel: InterContinental - Hayman Island Resort (HISHA)
Job number: EMEAA21121
InterContinental Hayman Island Resort welcomes a new era of immersive luxury in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. Nestled at the northernmost point of Australia’s Whitsunday archipelago, Hayman Island’s location places you moments away from Langford Island, Blue Pearl Bay and Hook Island. This iconic luxury resort includes 168 guest rooms, suites, villas and residences, five distinct restaurants and bars, over 15 event spaces, a transformative Hayman Spa and Salon, and iconic private island experiences including private charters, snorkelling escapades and more.
Your day to day
To support our Executive Chef in bringing it all to life, we're looking for Qualified Chefs - Commis, Chef de Partie & Chef de Cuisine - to deliver truly exceptional and unique food experiences. Boasting a grand palette of innovation; a strong banquet offering and five restaurants and bars will present an eclectic array off gastronomic delights and extraordinary local flavour.
What we need from you
Our passionate foodies must have:
- A formal Commercial Cookery Certification
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience working in a culinary team (for leadership roles, leadership experience required)
- Preferred experience in a hotel or resort environment or in a property with multiple restaurants, bars and banqueting
- Experience in a la carte, banqueting and buffet food production
- Charismatic, approachable and passionate about exceeding guest’s modern and contemporary culinary expectations
- Great attention to detail, excellent time management and communication skills
- A working knowledge and understanding of HACCP procedures
- Flexibility to work a 7-day roster including, late evenings, weekends, public holidays
What we offer
A wonderful team culture and a world class colleague Village experience for you working and living on Island!
- Our Colleague diner caters an extensive array of food offerings freshly prepared daily by our Village chefs
- Village facilities include a dedicated outdoor swimming pool, shop, bar, private staff beach and activities lawn
- We offer a comprehensive activities program for our colleagues, including wellness, sports, hiking and outdoor activities, movies nights and a lot more
We believe we work better together; our team culture is built on trust and support for each other. We welcome different perspectives and provide every opportunity for you to grow vertically, functionally, geographically and personally.
As part of the wider InterContinental Hotels & Resorts family with more than 5,300 hotels in over 100 countries, you also enjoy a great range of employee, friends and family discount rates across InterContinental Hotel & Resorts properties globally.
We have a number of roles across Full time, Part time and casual, so if this opportunity seems perfect for you we would love to hear from you.
To find out more about InterContinental Hayman Island Resort visit
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook
Follow us on Linkedin
**You must have full working rights in Australia**