Public Areas Attendant (Casual) | Crowne Plaza Sydney Coogee Beach
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Coogee Beach-Sydney (SYDCB)
Job number: EMEAA35201
There’s nothing complicated about dealing with business people.
They’re just people. Doing business.
By day, international marketing superhero. By night: fluffy bathrobe and a box set.
Like Liz, who’s left her laptop cable in the cab. Or Mario, who’s secretly missing his cats. The early riser, who’s first in the gym. The sales team preparing for the ‘big pitch’ over a freshly prepared lunch. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that Modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach is located in a perfect central beachside location, an area priding itself on its laid-back lifestyle, tranquil waters, historic ocean baths and plenty of green spaces.
Your day to day
At Crowne Plaza, we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too! As a member of the Housekeeping team, you will meet the hotel’s standards for cleanliness and IHG's Clean Promise for deep cleaning and pandemic hygiene practices that keep guests and colleagues safe by:
- Cleaning public areas; including bathrooms, carpet and tile cleaning
- Ensuring all areas are fully stocked with guest amenities
- Reporting maintenance requirements
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained, used and stored correctly
- Using appropriate chemicals for cleaning purposes ensuring safe work practices are maintained
What we need from you
The ideal candidate must have the right to work in Australia and will possess the following skills:
- It’s a physical role and you’ll be on your feet most of the day, so fitness is important - you will need to bend and kneel to complete some activities.
- Strength – with occasional lifting of items up to 23 kilograms and or push / pulling heavy objects
- Communication skills – basic spoken and written English, some reading, writing and math skills
- Flexible attitude to shifts – you may need to work nights, weekends and/or holidays
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.