Product Manager Mobile
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R203977
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
One stop shops or hub for driving all strategy, new Mobile development, and performance enhancements for the new IHG One Rewards app. This Product manager coordinates among tactical analysts, developers, and functional subject matter experts to create holistic product solutions for Guest Products and Platforms ¬¬customers/stakeholders across multiple channels. The product manager will manage the end-to-end product lifecycle from idea inception through development and launch, leveraging specialists, operators, and stakeholders along the way. They define product needs via a “roadmap” of initiatives mapped out over a predetermined cycled timeline.
- This can be a remote or hybrid role.
- Lead mobile development and implementation of product strategy: future state based on deep understanding of how the business works, incorporating customer insights, markets, competition, and distribution capabilities as well as the potential “game changing” new functionality and capabilities IHG will require to compete. This should manifest itself in a roadmap of initiatives including small enhancement and content refreshments to existing products as well as new product needs.
- Measure product performance and lead performance improvement initiatives. Identify and understand the performance drivers and set up ongoing diagnostics and monitoring capabilities once implemented.
- Drive new product development – through the writing of sound business requirements based on capabilities which will define the functionality in the process to capture full perspective in creating “best fit” products
- Manage product lifecycles: continually evaluate product performance and key customer insights and ensure new product needs are identified far enough in advance to address needs before product obsolescence.
- Communicate product information: including product roadmap, specifications, value proposition, sales tools training tools and competitive information to stakeholders. Provide status updates to PMO for regular reporting cycles.
What we need from you
Key Internal Relationships -
- International Brand Marketing Management designees: strategic and tactical consultation with respect to investments and activities involving Internet technologies and external constituencies
- Regional E-Commerce directors, managers, and hotel support staff: collaborate on Internet products and programs for rollout to the hotels
- Global Sales: collaborate on current initiatives and client needs
- Revenue Management: collaborate on pricing and yield management strategies Reservation Call centers: gather product information for sites and usage trends for research
- E-Commerce Hotel Integration: collaborate on new products and initiatives and the strategy for implementation and/or training in the hotels for each specific brand.
- IT: coordinate technical or systems functionality and communication
Key External Relationships –
- Outside creative agencies: to discuss creative services and production
- Vendors: to coordinate projection of materials and bid projects
Critical Expertise, Experience and Education Attainment Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Hotel Management, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics/ Operations Research, Communications, Business, Information Systems, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experienced.
- 8 plus years progressive work-related experience, with preferred direct hands-on hotel experience including 3 years’ experience in product management, product development, marketing or operations, with demonstrated travel (hospitality) industry experience and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge and understanding in a specific area of expertise including products.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff. Demonstrated ability to present new concepts, research findings, and business outcomes to various groups including corporate clients, senior management, potential vendors, and industry consultants.
What we offer
Skills needed continued ...
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation. Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks/clients required.
- Demonstrated experience in detailed product development discovery, documentation, and design work.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to perform research and use the results of analysis to make effective strategic decisions.
- Demonstrated hotel industry knowledge reflecting the entire customer experience lifecycle (reservations – stay – ongoing relationship management).
- Demonstrated knowledge of travel distribution channels (web, CRO, gds, or tpi) and reservations sales “building blocks”.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Demonstrated ability to adapt tactics and strategies to fast moving, rapidly evolving marketplace required
- Demonstrated ability to use prototyping or simulation in product creation
- Experience in formal requirements methodologies such as vision, scope, context, use cases, etc. preferred.
- Graduate coursework or degree a plus
- This position reviews customer feedback to help determine project priorities. Performs analysis of customer feedback, business strategies and objectives to determine final project requirements.
- This position assists in determining the detailed design requirements of multiple projects based on budget, need, strategy, objectives etc.
- This position measures the effectiveness of content delivery, works with Internal Departments to set content management policies, and researches technology vendors and content providers to determine potential business relationships.
- This position has final authority in interpretation of business requirements as presented by client in discovery process, and final authority in pre-production acceptance testing for features and functions developed on behalf of designated clients.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.