Product Manager, Mobile
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Remote US (IHGHQ)
Job number: R192373
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Job Summary –
Responsible for all strategy, new development, and performance enhancements for specific set of IHG mobile application products. Product manager collaborates among tactical analysts, developers, CX design and functional subject matter experts to create holistic product solutions focused on delivering best in class customer experiences while supporting and delivering against our stakeholders goals and objectives. The product manager will manage the end to end product lifecycle from idea inception through development and launch, leveraging specialists, operators, and stakeholders along the way with a customer centric approach. They define product needs via a “roadmap” of initiatives mapped out over a predetermined cycled timeline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities –
- Lead development and implementation of product strategy: future state based on deep understanding of the customer and incorporating stakeholder goals, markets, competition, and potential return and/or impact to the customer as well as the potential “game changing” new functionality and capabilities IHG will require to compete.. This should manifest itself in a roadmap of initiatives including small enhancement and content refreshments to existing products as well as new product needs.
- Relentlessly focus on customer data insights, customer feedback and information in the pursuit of creating digital experiences our guests love.
- Measure product performance and lead performance improvement initiatives. Identify and understand the performance drivers and set up ongoing diagnostics and monitoring capabilities once implemented.
- Drive new product development – through the writing of sound business requirements and user stories to implement solutions defined in partnership with technology and CX, which will define the functionality in the process to capture full perspective in creating great products for our customers.
- Manage product lifecycles: continually evaluate product performance and key customer insights and ensure new product needs are identified far enough in advance to address needs before product obsolescence.
- Communicate product information: including product roadmap, specifications, value proposition, sales tools training tools and competitive information to stakeholders. Provide status updates to PMO for regular reporting cycles.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics/ Operations Research, Communications, Business, Information Systems, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experienced.
- 8 plus years progressive work-related experience, with preferred 3 years’ experience in product management, product development, marketing or operations and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position.
Technical skills and Knowledge –
- Demonstrated deep knowledge and understanding in a specific area of expertise including products.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff. Demonstrated ability to present new concepts, research findings, and business outcomes to various groups including corporate clients, senior management, potential vendors, and industry consultants.
- Demonstrated project management experience with modern, established product management processes in organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation. Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks/clients required.
- Demonstrated experience in detailed product development discovery, documentation, and design work.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to perform research and use the results of analysis to make effective strategic decisions.
- Demonstrated hotel industry knowledge reflecting the entire customer experience journey (reservations – stay – loyalty – on-property, and ongoing relationship management).
- Demonstrated knowledge of travel distribution channels (web, CRO, gds, or tpi) and reservations sales “building blocks”.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Demonstrated ability to adapt tactics and strategies to fast moving, rapidly evolving marketplace required
- Demonstrated ability to use prototyping or simulation in product creation
- Experience in formal requirements methodologies such as vision, scope, context, use cases, etc. preferred.
- Graduate coursework or degree a plus
Number of employees supervised: Direct 0-5 Indirect 0-5
Does not include potential supervision of outside agency relationships
Decision making responsibilities:
- This position reviews customer feedback, data and insights to help determine project priorities. Performs analysis of customer feedback, business strategies and objectives to determine final project requirements.
- This position assists in determining the detailed design requirements of multiple projects based on budget, need, strategy, objectives etc.
- This position measures the effectiveness of digital products and channels, works with Internal Departments to set content management policies, and researches technology vendors and content providers to determine potential business relationships.
- This position has final authority in interpretation of business requirements as presented by client in discovery process, and final authority in pre-production acceptance testing for features and functions developed on behalf of designated clients.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.