Product Manager, Distribution Products
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R193159
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
- Provide input and planning guidance to the overall distribution strategy incorporating understanding of partners, and system capabilities
- Champions internal and external partner and stakeholder needs
- Defines, prioritizes, and delivers on the Distribution Products roadmap and manages the team and platform backlog.
- Elicit feedback from partners and internal stakeholders to inform the roadmap and prioritization
- Prioritizes requests for features and enhancements
- Analyze internal landscape to identify opportunities to improve IHG systems (GRS, HCM, etc.) in support of the distribution strategy
- Gathers external market insights to inform the overall distribution strategy
- Implements the strategy set by Omnichannel Commerce
- Partners with Global Technology to drive the delivery of platform roadmap and key projects impacting distribution capabilities.
- Partner with Global Tech to define, monitor and analyze metrics that inform the success of APIs, partners and overall platform performance
- Serves as a business SME interfacing with other business units/owners in the org
- Owns and manages relationship/engagement with stakeholders across Distribution, Sales, Performance Marketing and others.
- Owns and manages Distribution led projects
- Gathers and documents requirements and drives the delivery of functionality across IHG systems, including B2B, GRS, HCM, Middleware, etc.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to drive system-impacting Distribution projects
- Documents technical specifications or APIs, processes, best practices and users guides to support connectivity.
- Drive improvements across Distribution messaging, systems and processes to increase efficiencies
- Provides regular updates to leadership about partner, API and overall roadmap performance
- Recommends/proposes solutions to partner and stakeholder issues
- Coordinate with other teams, as needed
Operations & Support:
- Provides support to B2B and Distribution stakeholders to resolve issues in a timely manner, including being on-call for critical production issues.
- Escalate issues/concerns across Distribution to appropriate leadership w/recommendations for resolution
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- 5+ years progressive work-related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines/technologies/processes related to the position including product and/or project management, travel technology systems (GDS, OTAs, PMS and other distribution technology) vendor relationship management.
- Experience managing small to medium partner integration/implementation projects, including gathering and managing requirements, stakeholder communication,
- Experience working with Agile technology teams as a scrum master or product owner
Technical skills and Knowledge -
- Demonstrated ability to provide in-depth analysis of technical solutions and provide feedback to technology teams and leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding in the areas of hotel operations concepts, project management, technology, communication systems, and distribution systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical writing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in conceptualizing and translating business requirements into specific system functionality.
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing small to medium sized projects from conception thorough implementation.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams, and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.