Principal Data Architect
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R185832
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
The Principal Data Architect is a core member of the Enterprise Architecture function within the Architecture & Innovation team. The Principal Data Architect works with owners, customers, partners, and senior leaders in the Company to define and realize the Company’s strategy in the information space and collaborates with the broader Enterprise Architecture team to ensure that the strategies defined within each architectural domain align to contribute to the Company’s vision. This is a strategic role with the potential to both drive the Company’s success through innovation and safeguard that success through the application of sound architectural principles and governance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Provides leadership and subject matter expertise in the information architectural domain, defining a long-term architectural vision and strategy in the areas of data classification, data governance, analytics, and machine learning.
- Defines policies, standards, and best practices (including governance) in the data domain.
- Collaborates with the broader enterprise architecture team to ensure strategic alignment across architectural disciplines.
- Mentors solution architects and product delivery teams in the data space to drive alignment with the architectural vision.
- Fulfills a solution architecture role for strategic data initiatives.
- Forms and maintains a trusted relationship with senior leaders in technical and non-technical spaces, driving alignment between product and technical roadmaps.
- Drives architectural strategies from concept to realization by developing/championing high-level business cases and influencing senior leadership.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies coming to market and their potential application to IT strategies and business plans.
- Advises in decisions regarding strategic partnerships, vendor selection, and acquisitions.
- Builds and maintains a broad knowledge of company (and industry) policies, products, markets, processes, technical platforms and major applications as well as an understanding of business principles and practices.
What we need from you
Education –Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Certification – Google Cloud Certification (in the Architecture and/or Big Data space) is preferred but not required.
Required Experience, Skills, and Qualities –
- 10-15+ years of progressive work-related experience, with 5+ years in the data architecture domain. Demonstrated proficiency in multiple architecture domains is preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills, with extensive experience working with senior business and technical leaders, up to and including C-Suite executives. Comfort speaking to large audiences.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience and business concepts to a technical audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to champion ideas.
- Technical and business expertise in the realms of analytics, business intelligence, and machine learning/artificial intelligence.
- In-depth technical knowledge of and professional experience with Google Cloud Platform and Big Query.
- Experience leveraging machine learning technologies to solve business problems.
- Broad interest (curiosity) in technology, with the ability to lead the architectural vision in the data space and contribute to the architectural vision across multiple architectural domains.
- Familiarity with Agile delivery frameworks.
- Familiarity with Data Governance frameworks.
- Experience architecting large-scale solutions with a global audience.
- Experience working with complex teams that encompass multiple geographic regions, business functions, and cultures.
Required Technical Skills:
- Data Lake (Big Query), Spanner, Google CloudSQL, Google Pub/Sub, ETL/ELT Tools, GCP Dataflow Services (Dataflow, Dataprep, Dataproc, etc.), Spark, Data Design Principles and Best Practices, BI Tools (Tableau, Essbase, OBI, Business Objects), Analytic Tools (SAS, R), Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence, In-depth knowledge of relational and non-relational datastores.
What we offer
Java, ESB e.g. Fuse, Enterprise Caching Architectures e.g. Gemfire, Service Oriented Architectures, Messaging Based Architecture e.g. Kafka and MQ, Micro Service Architecture, Public Facing APIs and API Gateways, Enterprise Integration Patterns
Big Data, Data Design Principles and Best Practices. Reporting and Analytics Design Platforms, Data Platforms knowledge for Data Residency decisions (Teradata, Oracle, no-SQL databases), BI tools (OBI, Business Objects, Tableau, Essbase, Alteryx), Analytic Tools (SAS, R), Decision Science Experience, Including Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans