Communications Executive - InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: InterContinental - Sydney (SYDHA)
Job number: EMEAA34899
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand has been pioneering luxury travel in new destinations and established, upmarket locations for 75 years. Today, with over 200 hotels in the world’s most exciting destinations, we continue to deliver service excellence and award-winning bars and restaurants to sophisticated luxury travellers around the world.
This is a rare opportunity to be a part of a $110million relaunch project and exciting new developments across the portfolio.
Your day to day
As Communications Executive, you will actively optimise the image and public awareness of three iconic InterContinental Hotels and Resorts; InterContinental Hayman Island Resort, InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, and InterContinental Sydney. This is a key communications role for our hotel and resorts portfolio and includes brand positioning and support across rooms, food and beverage outlets, meetings and events and ancillary experiences. You will have the opportunity to oversee all aspects of hotel communication and content creation to deliver our content marketing strategy according to brand standards and tailored to our guests’ personas. Working across communication channels including social, digital, and traditional media, you will use your expertise to guarantee best in class content solutions for the leisure, MICE, wedding, and restaurant/bar segments.
Reporting to our Portfolio Marketing Manager, this exciting opportunity will see you:
- Deliver exceptional content (written and visual) across different channels, basic SEO understanding, content categorisation and structure, content development, distribution, and measurement.
- Support the digital content hubs and social channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, email/newsletter distribution through strong copy contribution.
- Create end-to-end innovative content for leisure luxury travel and MICE.
- Identify content marketing opportunities through third parties and partnerships.
- Proactively manage key relationships with the portfolio marketing team, hotel operational managers and stakeholders, IHG Marketing, to ensure alignment driving regular communication.
*Please note this role can be based at InterContinental Sydney or Intercontinental Sanctuary Cove Resort or a hybrid work from home model for the right applicant.
What we need from you
We are seeking an enthusiastic and professional team member who knows how to deliver great outcomes and exceed expectations. The successful applicant will have:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Marketing, Communication, or a related field.
- Two years’ experience in Marketing, Communications Management, Content Marketing, or a related field.
- Exceptional communication skills: ability to interact with guests, colleagues, media, influencers and third parties that reflects highly on each Hotel/Resort, the brand, and the company.
- Exemplary storytelling skills, copy writing and editing experience for B2B and B2C audiences.
- Ability to create and edit visual content to align with luxury and brand positioning
- Ability to take ownership and work across multiple projects with deadlines.
- Ability to work on projects and stakeholder relationships remotely.
What we offer
- Flexible work options – everyone’s situation is different, and we’re committed to working with you to find the best hybrid model to have a great work/life balance and more flexibility.
- Extensive career development opportunities within the IHG commercial portfolio including skills training, and optional courses.
- IHG Australia’s myBenefits program including paid birthday leave, wellbeing hub, employee room rates, service recognition celebrations & myPerks platform with an extensive list of lifestyle and retail discounts from over 400 of Australia and New Zealand’s most popular retailers.
- A great range of employee, friends, and family discount rates across more than 5,300 InterContinental Hotel & Resorts properties.
We also invite you to learn more by following our social channels @ihg_australia_careers
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.