Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Sydney Double Bay (SYDIC), 33 Cross Street, Double Bay, 2028
Job number: 122779
As the world's largest luxury hotel family, we proudly represent InterContinental® brand. With global expertise and local insights, we create rich travel experiences across cultures and each hotel offers a unique style, embracing opportunities for personal enrichment. InterContinental Sydney Double Bay, a luxurious and private destination in the leafy Double Bay village, invites you to join our team as a Reservations / Instant Service Agent.
PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE REQUIRES AN OPEN AUSTRLIAN DRIVERS LICENSE.
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
- Building guest relationships through a swift, professional and highly personal service
- Collating and sharing expert local knowledge of events, places of interests and restaurants
- Resolving guest issues and using their feedback to improve guest satisfaction
- Ensuring every guest enjoys discretion, ethical behaviour, privacy and confidentiality
- Leading the way as a brand ambassador to promote the hotel’s other businesses.
What we need from you:
- An open Australian drivers licence is essential for this role.
- Communication skills - guests will come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to
- Your problem-solving skills will turn issues into opportunities so every guest leaves with great memories
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional customer service skills, striving for excellence in an eager and motivated manner
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Experience in a luxury hotel environment highly desirable
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey including:
- Complimentary membership to our hotel Gym: Fit Collective
- Paid birthday leave and proactive health days
- Free duty meal on shift
- Dry Cleaning for work uniforms
- Popular hotel perks and discounts on our partner platform, and some of the best employee discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage! and
- Be part of a supportive, high performing team, offering plenty of mentoring & coaching opportunities to develop your skills.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We are proud to be part of the team at InterContinental Sydney Double Bay, and we know you will be too!
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.