Plumber - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, Queensland, Hayman Island
Hotel: InterContinental - Hayman Island Resort (HISHA)
Job number: EMEAA20939
InterContinental Hayman Island Resort welcomes a new era of immersive luxury in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. Nestled at the northernmost point of Australia’s Whitsunday archipelago, Hayman Island’s location places you moments away from Langford Island, Blue Pearl Bay and Hook Island. This iconic luxury resort includes 168 guest rooms, suites, villas and residences, five distinct restaurants and bars, over 15 event spaces, a transformative Hayman Spa and Salon, and iconic private island experiences including private charters, snorkelling escapades and more.
Your day to day
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand as a Plumbing Technician a key role in our dynamic live on island team ensuring the resorts plumbing and water reticulation network functions like clockwork. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you’ll maintain the resorts plumbing infrastructure, undertake repairs and conduct preventative maintenance.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Repairing all manner of plumbing issues around Resort.
- Work must be to the highest standard ensuring 5 Star standards are maintained.
- Diagnose and find solutions to plumbing problems around the Resort.
- Proactively showing initiative with ideas, problem solving, amendments and providing regular updates.
- Undertake work from CMMS System, prioritising works that are needed to be completed.
- Manage parts usage and ordering for all plumbing requirements.
- Working as needed to assist the wider Engineering team.
What we need from you
As the ideal candidate will have a history and background in Commercial, Industrial or Residential Plumbing. Minimum qualifications are as follows;
- Certificate III Plumbing
- QLD Gas Licence (Other State Licence acceptable, must be able to gain QLD Licence within probationary period)
- Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate work rights to work within Australia
- TMV Certification
- RBZ Certification
- Sewage Treatment and RO Treatment Plant Experience / Qualifications
What we offer
A wonderful team culture and a world class colleague Village experience for you working and living on Island!
- Our Colleague diner caters an extensive array of food offerings freshly prepared daily by our Village chefs
- Village facilities include a dedicated outdoor swimming pool, shop, bar, private staff beach and activities lawn
- We offer a comprehensive activities program for our colleagues, including wellness, sports, hiking and outdoor activities, movies nights and a lot more
We believe we work better together; our team culture is built on trust and support for each other. We welcome different perspectives and provide every opportunity for you to grow vertically, functionally, geographically and personally.
As part of the wider InterContinental Hotels & Resorts family with more than 5,300 hotels in over 100 countries, you also enjoy a great range of employee, friends and family discount rates across InterContinental Hotel & Resorts properties globally.
We have a number of roles across Full time, Part time and casual, so if this opportunity seems perfect for you we would love to hear from you.
To find out more about InterContinental Hayman Island Resort visit
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook
Follow us on Linkedin
**You must have full working rights in Australia**