Location: United Kingdom, England, Burton on Trent
Hotel: Corp Branston
Job number: R193125
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC (FTSE 100 listed) is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, including Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN Hotels®, HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, voco™, Holiday Inn® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, avid™ hotels, Staybridge Suites®, Atwell Suites™ and Candlewood Suites®.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns over 5,900 hotels and approximately 884,000 guest rooms in more than 100 countries. IHG also manages IHG® Rewards, our global loyalty programme, which has more than 100 million enrolled members.
Your day to day
We are offering an excellent opportunity for a committed, enthusiastic and hardworking student to join our Finance team located in our offices in Burton on Trent as part of their placement year during their degree.
The placement will be within the Financial Reporting department; however, there may be opportunities throughout the year to gain experience in other areas of Finance. The placement involves using financial software and databases, for which training will be provided.
Working within the Finance team offers an excellent insight into different areas of finance and will provide a solid foundation for any financial based career.
If you are a team player, with good numerical skills and attention to detail, a placement with IHG could be the opportunity you are looking for.
What we need from you
The placement student will be a member of the Europe Financial Reporting team, with opportunities to assist the Group Financial Reporting and Treasury teams.
The student will be responsible for a number of activities on a daily, monthly and quarterly basis. On top of these duties a number of ad hoc assignments may need to be completed, allowing students to develop their organisational, planning and communication skills. The role is based in the Branston office, near Burton on Trent.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and account reviews, with high quality supporting documentation, suitable for management and auditor review
- Inputting journal entries into PeopleSoft and running ad-hoc/monthly PeopleSoft queries and reports for other members in the Financial Reporting team
- Produce a number of UK statutory accounts for filing with relevant authorities and liaising with auditors and company secretariat teams
- Apply iXBRL tagging information to financial statements for filing with HMRC
- Assist with user access reviews on various systems
- Assist the Group Reporting team in preparing the IHG Annual Report and Form 20-F accounts
- Assist the Treasury team in various treasury tasks
- Assistance in ad-hoc global projects work as driven by business needs
- Participate in the “Branston For You” social committee which organises office events
No prior knowledge of finance is needed, but a strong desire to learn and familiarity with Excel functions are essential.
The financial reporting role will start on the 30th August 2022 for a duration of 54 weeks, which includes a 2-week handover period with the current placement student, allowing you to learn directly from a fellow student.
What we offer
We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.