Payroll Officer - Sydney based
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: National Convention Center - Canberra (NCCCB)
Job number: EMEAA33447
At IHG, we passionately believe that it’s our people who make us what we are today, and it’s our people who will help us and our world-famous brands grow. Whether in our corporate offices or hotels, it’s our colleagues’ distinct personalities and talent that bring to life our purpose of providing True Hospitality for everyone. That means making everyone feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected, and going the extra mile to create special guest experiences and lasting memories.
As an Aon Hewitt Best Employer, IHG are committed to ongoing development and career progression at work, and this is bought to life through great training, development, support and encouragement.
Your day to day
As a Cluster Payroll Officer you will be reporting to the Payroll Manager. You're responsible for the accurate processing, accounting and reporting of all payroll and related matters for IHG operations in accordance with local, state and federal legislation as well industrial instruments whilst upholding IHG internal controls.
The role includes:
- Ensuring that the time & attendance systems are adequately maintained (Kronos)
- Providing assistance to Manage Day-to-day Imports into the time & attendance system for hotels using the system.
- Providing assistance to future enhancements in system upgrades around configuration / maintenance /end user training
- Payroll Processing and reporting in accordance with local, state and federal legislation as well industrial instruments whilst upholding IHG controls
What we need from you
- Highly focused and dedicated work ethic
- High Attention to detail
- Can effectively communicate (written & oral) across all levels of the organisation
- Strong organisational skills, work within deadlines and prioritise effectively
- Strong team player
- Ability to work autonomously, have strong problem solving skills and show initiative
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills- Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Hospitality Tourism, Commerce or Business Administration, Human Resources or similar
- Minimum 2 years experience in a payroll or finance role
- Hotel, Tourism and Hospitality experience highly regarded
- Experience with UKG Workforce Central (Kronos) & Preceda system would be highly advantageous
- Australian citizen or permanent residents only
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.