Paymaster (Part-Time) @ InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, California, San Francisco
Hotel: InterContinental - Mark Hopkins San Francisco (SFOHA)
Job number: R192885
Discover San Francisco's historic charm at our InterContinental® Mark Hopkins San Francisco hotel, where modern luxuries meet the Bay area's golden, glamorous era. Find breathtaking views at our Nob Hill hotel, featuring opulent rooms with unique artwork, modern amenities, and an easy stroll to the area's top attractions. Discover panoramic views of the City while enjoying signature cocktails at Top of the Mark sky lounge, or let our Concierge Desk curate your personalized, unforgettable stay.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts®, we own, operate and franchise more than 3000 hotels, offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision: to be the most preferred, admired, and successful hotel company the world over.
Your day to day
Responsible for entering payroll data into the computer, auditing payroll data and maintaining files and records to produce accurate payroll period records in accordance with Hotel standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all hotel/departmental policies and procedures, computer system and manual procedures.
Handle employee inquiries regarding paychecks according to department procedures.
- Enter new employee records in payroll system from information received from Human Resources, create a file and include all designated forms and data.
- Reconcile daily time sheets with time cards according to procedures to determine actual hours worked, differential rates and hours to be charged to another department; resolve discrepancies with respective manager.
- Reconcile tip distribution reports and transfer information to respective departmental worksheet. Input the amount with corresponding code into each employees record. Stamp worksheet posted and file.
- Review all P.A.F.’s for complete information and ensure accuracy of figures; resolve discrepancies with Human Resources. Input information using appropriate codes with total hours to be paid.
- Distribute paychecks with signature lists according to Accounting procedures. Ensure security of all checks.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information regarding payroll records.
- Assist with other Accounting job functions as assigned.
What we need from you
Some college plus 2 years related experience in Payroll, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management or similar.
Must speak fluent English. Other preferred languages: Chinese and/or Spanish.
Union experience is preferred.
No relocation assistance offered for this position.
Must have the legal right to work in this country.
Must reside in the U.S. and be ready for in-person interviews when applying.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
Standing and moving around the facility
Handling objects, files, training materials and equipment, etc.
Use a keyboard to generate various work-related documents
Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with employees, vendors, and corporate human resources and legal staff.
Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
This role is Part-time
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive pay and a benefit package which includes healthcare, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a matching 401k plan. Plus, hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So, what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.