Pastry Chef - InterContinental Abu Dhabi
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi
Hotel: Abu Dhabi (AUHHA), King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud Street,, 4171
Job number: 116763
We are looking for a Pastry Chef who will be responsible managing all pastry kitchen operations and who will play a pivotal role in delivering exceptional culinary experiences to our guests with an emphasis on maintaining hygiene standards and practices, staff training and overseeing the preparation and presentation of a consistent food production.
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be delivering:
A little taste of your day-to-day
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef to create and update dessert menus in line with the hotel's culinary concept and standards.
- Skillfully prepare and execute a wide range of pastries, desserts, and baked goods, including cakes, tarts, chocolates, and bread.
- Ensure the use of fresh, high-quality ingredients, and manage inventory to minimize waste and maintain cost control
- Lead and supervise the pastry kitchen team, providing guidance, training, and motivation to maintain productivity and quality
- Focus on impeccable presentation, paying attention to the visual appeal of all pastry items.
- Maintain strict quality control measures, including taste tests, portion sizes, and consistency.
- Uphold food safety and sanitation standards, ensuring a clean and safe working environment.
- Innovate and introduce new pastry creations, staying updated with current culinary trends.
- Cater to special events, private dining, and guest requests for customized pastry items.
- Contribute to cost control efforts by monitoring expenses, minimizing wastage, and optimizing resource utilization.
- Graduate calibre with a Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management.
- Minimum of 3 years, managing Pastry as Executive Pastry Chef experience in a luxury deluxe hotel
- High level of written and verbal Business English
- Creativeness in creating innovative pastry products
What you can expect from us
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our my Wellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.