Part Time Demi Chef - InterContinental Adelaide
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, South Australia, Adelaide
Hotel: InterContinental - Adelaide (ADLHA)
Job number: EMEAA25771
InterContinental Adelaide is a luxury hotel located on the banks of the River Torrens, right beside Adelaide Railway Station. We operate 367 rooms, 3 restaurants, multiple event spaces and work together as a team to deliver True Hospitality to our guests.
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
The kitchen team deliver innovative and guest-focused menus, on seasonal rotation, across the hotels' Restaurant & Bar, Banquet Operations, and Room Service. Join us as Demi Chef and be part of our journey to create a winning, high performing team. Your culinary passion and creativity will flow through into your presentation and you’ll pride yourself on delivering a fantastic culinary experience for guests. You will assist in creating a smooth kitchen operation that adheres to local health, safety and HACCP compliance.
- Make each meal a feast for the eyes and treat for the taste buds. With your own signature flair, you’ll turn our high standards into memorable meals for every guest
- Own your kitchen – keep on top of supplies and equipment, and minimise waste
- Action & escalate any unsafe equipment, low supplies or safety incidents
- Help create a safe space by ensuring you and the team follow our safety procedures and wearing necessary protective equipment
- Be cleaner than clean – meet or exceed local cleanliness and hygiene laws
- Help with washing up and other kitchen duties when needed
- Take on other ad-hoc duties when the whole team needs to pull together
What we need from you
The successful candidate will have a minimum 1-2 years experience as a Chef with a passion for culinary arts, in a property with multiple Restaurant /Bar venues and Banqueting/Events spaces. You will hold Commercial Cookery qualifications and demonstrate exceptional teamwork skills and communication skills as well as strong time management and attention to detail. To achieve results, you will be self-motivated and will perform your role with a sense of urgency. You will inspire passion, enthusiasm and positivity in the team to drive an engaged, winning culture.
- Ideally over 2 years experience in a complex kitchen environment
- Strong – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 23 kg. This can involve bending and kneeling
- Literate – you’ll need a good grasp of reading, writing and basic math
- Flexible – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Compliant – as well as meeting local laws on food handling, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
- Articulate – a great communicator, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
- Qualified – completed your Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent.
- You will have the current right to work in South Australia
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.Visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.