Overnight Linen Runner (Full-Time) l InterContinental Miami Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, Florida, Miami
Hotel: InterContinental - Miami (MIAHA)
Job number: R201275
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, sixth year in a row honored one of the TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day
As the Overnight Linen Runner, you will be responsible for the cleanliness and organization of floor closets; removing garbage from the service elevator landing, wipe down shelves/counters; sweep and mop, remove non-floor closet items and store in appropriate areas by the end of the shift.
- Assist room attendants with heavy items such as mattresses and linen. Deliver linen and other supplies to room attendants.
- Remove all dirty linen from assigned Room Attendants carts and closets and transport to laundry chute.
- Throw any recycled items down the recycle chute (except glasses and boxes)
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Responsible of maintaining the cleanliness and condition for their own sections/floors.
- Responsible for shampooing carpet in guestrooms and designated hallways/floors.
- Respond to guest requests such as delivery of housekeeping supplies (e.g. linens, cots, etc.) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Clean public areas in the prescribed manner while following department standard operating procedures.
- Report to office coordinator needed repairs or unsafe conditions.
- Respond to guest complaints and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and control supplies/amenities and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
What we need from you
Strong – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 75lbs. This can involve bending and kneeling. Frequently standing up, moving, handling objects, and equipment.
Literate –Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive their instructions for the day.
Articulate – Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other supervisors, hotel staff and hotel guests.
Flexible – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
What we offer
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.