Overheads Analyst - Fixed Term Contract
Location: United Kingdom, England, Burton on Trent
Hotel: Corp Branston
Job number: R186287
IHG is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, promising to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making you feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, wherever you are in the world. Strong future plans and recent successes, especially across the luxury space is what has made us stand out from the crowd.
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity. You can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you. At IHG we celebrate our differences and we believe everyone has something unique to bring to each team.
Your day to day
- Provide day to day financial management and analytics to support respective Finance business partners and business stakeholders with Overheads management in all areas of the business.
- Perform activities including budgeting and forecasting for P&L and System Fund overheads; supporting reorganisations; management reporting; scenario planning and analysis; CAPEX forecasting and analysis.
- Produce standard and ad hoc reports, incl. variance analysis and relevant, insightful and accurate commentary.
- Conduct scenario analysis and modelling using data visualisation tools to support business decisions.
- Flexible to provide ad-hoc reports and commercial analysis, incl. scenario modelling to support decision making.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and support the delivery of improvements in processes, systems and procedures.
- Build strong relationships within the CoE and with the SSC, and collaborate to deliver high quality outputs.
- Act as an escalation point for audit queries.
What we need from you
- Finance or business-related education. Preferably working towards professional finance qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Preferably, experience as a finance analyst with a general interest in the hospitality industry, incl. experience with planning, budgeting and forecasting and reporting processes, project expenditure tracking and control, allocations and management of central costs, scenario analysis and modelling skills.
- Advanced user of Oracle, Essbase, reporting tools, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritise and to operate effectively in a fast moving, global environment with tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Critical thinking and ability to connect and explain linkage between drivers and outputs.