Operations Manager (Full-Time) | Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Coogee Beach-Sydney (SYDCB)
Job number: EMEAA36623
There’s nothing complicated about dealing with business people.
They’re just people. Doing business.
By day, international marketing superhero. By night: fluffy bathrobe and a box set.
Like Liz, who’s left her laptop cable in the cab. Or Mario, who’s secretly missing his cats. The early riser, who’s first in the gym. The sales team preparing for the ‘big pitch’ over a freshly prepared lunch. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that Modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach is located in a perfect central beachside location, an area priding itself on its laid-back lifestyle, tranquil waters, historic ocean baths and plenty of green spaces.
Your day to day
As Operations Manager, you will lead the day-to-day operations of the hotel and are responsible for the effective running of hotel operations to ensure the achievement of established Crowne Plaza quality, guest and colleague standards along with departmental revenue and profit goals. This is a critical position requiring proven capability in creating a positive and productive work environment. Your strength will be your ability to build, motivate, and lead an effective team that delivers results and is highly engaged. This role will act as 2IC to the General Manager and will act as the hotel leader in the absence of the General Manager.
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will have:
- The right to work in Australia
- A valid NSW RSA competency card
- Basic First Aid & CPR certification
- Four years of guest service/hotel experience in a management capacity across Rooms and Food & Beverage, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Comprehension of Hotel systems and revenue management principles
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management and/or Business Administration
- Excellent understanding of hotel systems and revenue management principles
- Excellent project management abilities, and experience both working independently on projects as well as collaborating across functions and departments
- Great communication skills (written and verbal), passion for delivering results and developing people and self
- Ability to manage complex relationships along with demonstrated ability to interact with guests, staff, and third parties that reflects highly on the Hotel, the brand and IHG
- Flexibility – early, late, weekend, night and holiday shifts are all part of the job
What we offer
Join us and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.