Operations Manager (Full Time) Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Location: Australia, Queensland, Surfers Paradise QLD
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Surfers Paradise (OOLSP)
Job number: EMEAA34031
Centred on the coastline of one of Australia’s favourite beaches, Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise puts you right in the heart of the vibrant beach hospitality scene. At Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts you’re more than a job title. We are looking for confident, ambitious people who go above and beyond to be the best every day.
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise has a little touch of something for everyone to enjoy. The hotel makes it easy to transition between business and the playful beach lifestyle with a host of in-house services and carefree leisure amenities on demand including tennis, a lagoon style pool or the fitness centre. The hotel’s 269 resort-style rooms and suites offer a range of stylish options furnished in rich contemporary décor with spacious balconies and lavish ensuite bathrooms.
You will love the elevated experiences we’re bringing to the hotel in late 2022. This evolution includes new dining concepts, modernised rooms, enhanced meeting spaces, and purposeful design elements throughout; boosting innovation, comfort, connectivity and functionality for our guests. Notably, an extension to the already existing culinary journey at the hotel is the refreshed return of the ever popular Four Winds 360° which literally elevates dining to greater heights as Queensland’s only revolving restaurant.
Meeting the demands of the modern traveller, we are excited for you to be on this upward journey with us as we elevate our excellence as the most-loved premium hotel on the Gold Coast.
Your day to day
We have an exciting opportunity to join IHG on the Gold Coast! As Operations Manager you will lead the day to day operations of the hotel and are responsible for the effective running of Hotel Services across Rooms Division and Food & Beverage. This is a critical position requiring proven capability in maintaining a positive and productive work environment. You will -
- Oversees the delivery of superior services to all guests ensuring the utmost quality and care is delivered including prompt response to requests and the effective resolution of all complaints to the satisfaction of guests
- Project future goals and targets and create pathways to achieve these across the operational hotel.
- Monitor and review Quality Standards for all Operating Departments. Ensure all hotel standards are met and / or exceeded
- Coordinate appropriate projects for all Operational Departments
- Ensure the operations team are up-to-date with essential training and a continuous succession planning programme is in place
This role will act as 2IC to the General Manager and will act as the hotel leader in the absence of the General Manager.
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification/ equivalent in Hotel Management and/or Business Administration
- Four years of guest service/hotel experience in a management capacity across Rooms and Food & Beverage, or an equivalent combination of education and experience Comprehension of Hotel systems and revenue management principle
- Excellent understanding of hotel systems and revenue management principles
- Excellent project management abilities and experience with working independently on projects as well as collaborating across functions and departments.
- Great communication skills (written and verbal), passion for delivering results and developing people and self
- Ability to manage complex relationships along with demonstrated ability to interact with guests, staff, and third parties that reflects highly on the Hotel, the brand and IHG
- Valid Certifications including Responsible Service of Alcohol, First Aid and a driver’s license are required
- Flexibility – early, late, weekend, night and holiday shifts are all part of the job
What we offer
Join our world where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and become a valued member of an inspirational team at an exciting time for the hotel.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with benefits that support you and your family’s work-life balance, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible working and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you progress with IHG. In addition to the hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we’d love to hear what you can offer.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.