Operational Duty Manager (Full-Time) - Holiday Inn Sydney Airport
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Holiday Inn - Sydney Airport (SYDBR)
Job number: EMEAA34075
Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn, we help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Operational Duty Manager to join our team at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport.
Located in the heart of Mascot suburban, the hotel is near completion of all 252 rooms renovation, the modern rooms are designed to make our guests smile. From the comfortable beds, 55 inch TVs, Nespresso Pod machines, free Wi-Fi and soundproof windows with black out blinds, our rooms are designed to make our guests forget the outside world, and enjoy their time with us.
Your day to day
As an Operational Duty Manager, you’ll keep our hotel running smoothly, leading the Hotel Operations in the absence of Senior Management, making sure everything is working well and that all our guests are safe and comfortable whilst you are on shift.
You will lead the team on shift to deliver results that positively impact the guest experience, ensuring we are delivering a memorable stay each time and adhering to policies, procedures and guidelines.
You will assist the Hotel Services Assistant Managers to champion revenue driving initiatives such as upselling programmes, IHG One Rewards enrollment and recognition programs to ensure the hotel meets it's key targets.
What we need from you
- Ideally you have experience in a Front Office Supervisory role and are ready to take the next step in your career or currently a Duty Manager looking for some different market exposure
- Ability to build genuine connections with guests and colleagues anticipating their needs & promptly managing enquiries
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in fast paced environment
- Conflict resolution and communication skills
- Understanding of Hotel Property Management Systems - Opera experience would be highly regarded
- Flexible to work a variety of shifts including weekends, public holidays and overnight shift if required
- A valid Full Australian Drivers Licence is preferred
- First Aid and RSA Certifications are required
- Eligibility to work full time in Australia.
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.