Night Manager Indigo Hotel Los Angeles Downtown
Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Hotel: Indigo - Los Angeles Downtown (LAXFS)
Job number: R193181
Do you see yourself as a Night Manager? What's your passion? At IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Oversee the hotel operations for the night shift to ensure guest service standards are met and that hotel assets are secured and protected.
- Ensure procedures are followed for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security.
- Monitor performance of employees scheduled during shift and recommend and/or initiate disciplinary actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Report serious issues to respective management for follow-up.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Regulatory agencies, law enforcement or local government authorities – regarding safety and compliance matters
- Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- Resolve all guest complaints in a prompt and professional manner and in accordance with established service recovery guidelines to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business
- Oversee the front desk and night audit functions in accordance with established procedures; ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and are greeted upon arrival, and that the audit function and reports are completed on time. Communicate to staff any VIP, Priority Club, or special needs or requests and follow up on execution.
- Assist in educating employees on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations. Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets
- Manage day or night operations of the hotel. Conduct periodic walk-through of each department. Tour public areas and grounds to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand, and Company. Correct any deficiencies.
Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Some college and three years guest service/hotel experience, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Must have full knowledge of the guest service/night function and some supervisory training/experience preferred. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the hotel
- Frequently handling objects and equipment
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and shift reports, and giving and receiving instructions
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include healthcare and dental coverage, disability and life insurance, and a 401(k) program. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.