Night Manager - voco Orchard Singapore
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: Singapore, Central Singapore, Singapore
Hotel: voco™ - Orchard Singapore (SINOR)
Job number: EMEAA27405
Don’t press esc! It’s not a mistake… IHG Hotels & Resorts to unveil the latest premium voco™ hotel brand in South East Asia on Singapore’s world-famous Orchard Road from January 2022.
The current 423-room hotel will rebrand from Hilton Singapore and upon its relaunch, provide guests with the world-renowned voco™ experience from the moment they walk through its doors. Famed to be hotels to count on, yet different enough to be fun, voco hotels are unstuffy hotels where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with life. Hotels that stand out from the crowd, voco combines familiar comforts with the indulgences of a hotel, to create somewhere that’s dependable, but not vanilla. Somewhere premium, but with a laidback spirit. Somewhere reliable, but different
Your day to day
voco Orchard Singapore is seeking a dynamic and passionate Night Manager to be part of this exciting rebranding project. As Night Manager, you will oversee the hotel operations for the night shift to ensure guest service standards are met and that hotel assets are secured and protected
- Monitor performance of employees scheduled during shift and recommend and/or initiate disciplinary actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Report serious issues to respective management for follow-up.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental management.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Regulatory agencies, law enforcement or local government authorities – regarding safety and compliance matters
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- Ensure procedures are followed for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, and guest security.
- Resolve all guest complaints in a prompt and professional manner and in accordance with established service recovery guidelines to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Oversee the front desk and night audit functions in accordance with established procedures;
- Ensure guests receive prompt, professional attention and are greeted upon arrival, and that the audit function and reports are completed on time.
- Communicate to staff any VIP, Priority Club, or special needs or requests and follow up on execution
- Assist in educating employees on current safety issues to ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations. Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets.
- Manage night operations of the hotel.
- Conduct periodic walk-through of each department. Tour public areas and grounds to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand, and Company. Correct any deficiencies.
- Coordinate employee and guest evacuation/notification in the event of an emergency.
- Throughout shift conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas to ensure the appearance of such areas reflects highly on the hotel, brand, and Company. Correct any deficiencies.
- Document and record all incidents involving guests or employees, or other relevant events, on the appropriate reports, e.g., Manager on Duty Report. Report any injuries to Loss Prevention in accordance with policies and procedures.
- May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
- Diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent.
- You should have 2 to 3 years working experience in similar role within the hotel industry.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint will be required.
- Must speak fluent English
- Able to perform permanent night shift
- IHG hotel experience coupled with proficiency in Opera Property Management System will be an added advantage
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.