Night Luggage Porter
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Kingdom, London, London
Hotel: InterContinental - London Park Lane (LONHB)
Job number: R195584
InterContinental London Park Lane has a fantastic opportunity to join the team as a Night Luggage Porter!
Situated at one of the capital’s most prestigious addresses- where Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II once used to reside, InterContinental London Park Lane reinvents traditional luxury to present modern and flexible sophistication in the heart of Mayfair. Inspired by its location overlooking the Royal Parks, the hotel delivers elegant natural interiors and award-wining seasonal cuisine.
We are Looking for Night Luggage Porters who can commit to working 40 Hours, 5 days a week.
We are offering an hourly rate paying £11.05 per hour.
Our hotel is open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of days across the night shifts - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
At Intercontinental Hotels & Resorts® we live by the saying “Live the Intercontinental Life”, This means delivering discreet luxury service whilst offering a true sense of hospitality that money can’t buy.
What’s in it for you as our Night Luggage Porter:
We are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts® family, a global company, which means global opportunities! We are a market leader with the aim of delivering ‘True hospitality for good’. Our Night Luggage Porters enjoy a range of benefits including:
- £22,984.00 salary (£11.05 per hour) Plus great IHG perks!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide hotel room rates and F&B discounts for all employees – plus Friends & Family.
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our HAPI benefit portal – with access to over 15,000 stores (Supermarkets, clothing stores, cinema tickets, eye care vouchers, Technology)
- 24/7 access to our staff wellbeing service ‘Yourhalo’, providing free confidential support and guidance for mental and physical health and wellbeing.
- Complimentary monthly massage therapy, foot doctor plus free medical plan.
- Subsidised taxi journey home for shifts finishing between 00:00 and 05:00
- 50% off F&B in our restaurant Theo Randall and Wellington Lounge
- Recognition through our Bravo programme – Where you can give and receive monetary bonuses and recognition for outstanding work!
- Employee of the month programme
- Exciting social events throughout the year such as ‘quiz nights’ and ‘bowling nights’ to name a few!
- Continual Learning & Development opportunities.
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Generous ‘Refer a friend’ programme
- Meals whilst on duty in our staff restaurant ‘Park Lane Café’
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focussing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
As a member of the Concierge/Front Office Team, our Night Luggage Porter ensures that great memories are created for all our guests during their whole stay, as guests will be spending their time in and around the hotel.
Being one of the first points of contact with our guests, our Night Luggage Porters will welcome guests in a friendly and warm manner and be there to deliver their luggage to and from their rooms when requested. You will need to collect, record and receipt the storage of guest’s luggage, as well as providing a warm and genuine experience for the guest’s arrival and departure.
What we need from you..
As well as having excellent communication skills and a positive and friendly personality, our Luggage Porters will also need:
- Previous front office experience in a hotel environment.
- Great knowledge of the local area in order to make recommendations.
- Take pride in presentation and be self-aware.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Night Luggage Porter then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.