Night Auditor - InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, Victoria, Melbourne VIC
Hotel: InterContinental - Melbourne (MELHA)
Job number: EMEAA27230
The InterContinental brand looks for charming, confident, sophisticated and internationally-minded people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations. InterContinental Melbourne the Rialto is located on legendary Collins Street in the heart of Melbourne's Central Business District. This heritage and stylish property is one of the city's leading world-class hotels. Steps away is the vibrant Southbank, the Yarra River, the ever changing Docklands, leading tourist attractions, exclusive shops and boutiques and some of the best restaurants the city has to offer.
Your day to day
Our cosmopolitan hotel is looking for a Full Time Night Auditor to join our team.
Your responsibilities include
- Carries out the daily auditing and balancing of guest house accounts, including all transactions therein.
- Carries out the duties of a Night Receptionist as and when directed to do by the Night Manager.
- Ensures that final readings of restaurants and other outlets are taken and balances those reading with the hotel’s property management system
- Ensures all receipts for the shift are properly recorded, balanced and deposited in the hotel’s drop-safe
- Prepares revenue journal correctly
- Revenue journal must be balanced with rooms sales recapitulation done by Night Manager (room revenue and occupancy)
- Summarizes all officer checks to be signed by the Finance Manager
- Prepares register guest report/high balance
- Posts all daily room charges to guest ledger and ensures that all are correct
- Settles all credit cards and balances and summarizes all adjustments or rebates
- Reconciles guest ledger in daily basis and reconciles the total to the Front Office
What we need from you
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Good Communication and writing skills
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
Previous Front Office experience in a luxury hotel is desirable.
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. You will be exposed to the IHG myFlex program with greater flexibility at work.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further. We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.