Mixologist / Cocktail Bartender
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Hotel: voco™ - Grand Central Hotel (GLAGS)
Job number: R201891
voco Grand Central’ Destination Champagne Bar are looking for Experienced Mixologist’s to join the growing team as a Cocktail Bartender
Pull up a seat and step back in time. Our Champagne bar overlooks Central Station and evokes the golden age of travel, with a sash of style and lashings of charm.
For those feeling peckish, food is fine, flavoursome, and focuses on small plates and sharing boards. Afternoon tea has a special place on the menu and is – of course – best taken with a glass of Champagne.
Awarded the Best Hotel Bar in Glasgow at the 2019 Best Bar None awards.
Our destination bar is legendary; as a Cocktail Bartender, you will become part of an exceptional bar team that will provide an extensive drinks service.
We are Looking for Cocktail Bartenders who can work Part or Full time.
(Weekend and Afternoon/ Night working being a major part of your working week pattern)
We are paying £11.50 per hour, every hour worked paid!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility for the right time.
Your day to day
YOUR CORE PURPOSE WILL BE:
- Mixing drinks: make syrups, infusions, tinctures, mixed drinks, and cocktails of all types to fulfil customer orders.
- Prepare: all drink garnishes and keep the garnish station continuously stocked during their shifts.
- Entertain and educate guests: entertain guests while mixing drinks, talking to customers about spirits / champagne and offering trivia and history about various menu items to keep customers engaged and enjoying themselves.
- Work with the Bar Manager: to design new beverage menu items: responsible for crafting original beverage menu items and designing new, innovative cocktails using the ingredients that are already supplied by the hotel/bar.
- Clean and organise bar: keep the bar area clean and organized, maintaining all sanitation standards of the business and local food and beverage laws.
- Maintain alcohol inventory: responsible for keeping the bar well stocked and fully supplied with alcohol and replace items as needed.
- At all times, adhere to liquor license laws regarding alcohol consumption by checking customer identification and cutting off customers who have had too much to drink
What we offer
What’s in for you as a Cocktail Bartender (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
- Base salary on average 40 Hours per week, £23,920 per annum, Plus Service Charge, averagely £300 per month (not guaranteed)
- Every hour worked paid! - £11.50 per hour
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
To succeed in our Cocktail Bartending team, you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service and be a mixologist by trade
- Previous experience as cocktail bartender in a destination bar
- Excellent customer service and good people skills
- Professionals with sales experience are desired
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.