Mgr. Finance Business Partner
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R183988
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Drive growth by engaging with the business and providing financial leadership through business stewardship, support, and challenge.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Work closely with VP teams within the Guest Products & Platforms organization to optimize operational performance through BAU cost efficiency and project/product productivity metrics
- Leverage financial and operational data to assist VP teams in the management of internal resources, sourcing through external partners, and purchases of technology services; challenging spend assumptions and priorities
- Create business cases to support strategic capital and operational resource allocation
- Evaluate and influence decision making around longer-term cost & revenue optimization opportunities
- Perform tactical interventions with the business to close gaps vs. plan and achieve project delivery
- Enhance commercial acumen by participating in VP team meetings and proactively engaging with business counterparts to understand and influence business operations drivers and industry / competitive challenges
- Support the (3-year) strategic planning process, formal budget review process and quarterly forecast review process
- Provide for the timely review and communication of monthly / quarterly financial performance reports and commentary of high value business areas including transparency of risks and opportunities
- Assist decision-making of senior management by assessing risks and opportunities to improve key financial and winnings metrics
- Identify process and operational improvement opportunities, to include consideration of offshoring and automation, by benchmarking performance within / across regions
- Perform ad-hoc analyses including performance, cash flow, and operating efficiency
What we need from you
Critical Knowledge & Experience –
- Experienced business leader with at least 5 years of finance, strategy, and/or management consulting experience.
- Experience supporting a technology focused group, with an emphasis on Infrastructure support
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, driving change, and challenging & communicating with senior leadership in a complex matrix organization.
- Financial Systems (e.g. GRS, Concerto, Essbase).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in business, finance or related field required. Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience in business, finance or related field preferred.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.