Mgr Corporate Responsibility Environment
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia, Three Ravinia Drive, Suite 100, 30346
Job number: 102476
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
***Remote position. Candidate can reside anywhere in the United States***
Provide guidance and support to regional business functions and external stakeholders to achieve global environmental sustainability commitments and targets. Ensure regional insights and feedback are fed into global strategy development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Supports development and implementation of regional environmental projects and provides key inputs into the CR environmental strategy for the region.
- Leads key regional environmental sustainability initiatives e.g. carbon/energy reduction.
- Work with regional key business functions such as design and engineering and hotel operations to incorporate environmental sustainability considerations into their planning and support in execution.
- Provides technical and practical advice on environmental sustainability issues such as carbon, water and waste.
- Responsible for regional and above-property engagement on aspects of environmental sustainability e.g. delivery of webinars and workshops.
- Responsible for the evaluation and analysis of regional environmental information. Works with the regional leadership to assess performance and develop improvement plans.
- Responds to requests and environmental sustainability inquiries from regional teams General Managers/Owners, including interpreting environmental data and targets, researching data sources and providing general performance analysis as needed.
- Represents IHG on external environmental sustainability working groups and share insights back to the business.
- Supports wider corporate responsibility programs in the region as a key member of the regional Operations/CR team.
- Supports Director of Americas Operations on identifying solutions, recommendations, and potential partnerships.
Bachelor or Master’s degree level in hotel management or a statistical, environmental or relevant field of work experience.
Critical Expertise & Experience –
- At least 5 years work experience in a field related to hotel management or environment, sustainability, carbon, or energy management.
- Strong presentation and communications skills and demonstrated ability to simplify complex concepts for stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills to ensure effective and efficient delivery of programs
- Strong ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders.
- Preparing and delivering data analysis and recommendations aligned to different stakeholders through for example presentations and reports.
- Understanding and practical experience of environmental sustainability in the hotel sector and/or the built environment would be favorable.
- Knowledge of environmental sustainability, CSR, and wider social, environmental and governance issues within the built environment would be favorable.
Technical Skills & Knowledge –
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently, and to perform concurrent tasks that require technical and functional competence.
- Demonstrated ability to handle hotel level data and report environmental data including energy, waste, water and greenhouse gas emissions for e.g. CDP, DJSI or other framework.
- Demonstrated strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, & Word).
- Demonstrated clear, concise, and succinct communicational skills, including adapting both verbal and written communications to the needs and level of the user.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a consistent, high-quality customer-focused orientation, including providing clear, accurate information; explaining procedures, programs and or materials or providing supplemental information; anticipating problems or questions.
- Knowledge of environmental management systems and green certifications such as ISO14001 and LEED/BREEAM is beneficial, but not required.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing, and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual's, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected, and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.