Meetings and Events Operations Manager
Hotel Brand: Kimpton (outside the Americas)
Location: United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Hotel: Kimpton - Clocktower (MANOS)
Job number: R201114
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and experienced Meetings and Events Operations Manager to join our Meetings and Events team at Kimpton Clocktower Manchester
A refuge in the capital of cool, with its clock tower and striking Victorian architecture, The Kimpton Clocktower, the Newest Kimpton in the UK is an unmistakable landmark in the city's skyline. A magnificent, terracotta Grade II listed building, with its Iconic Refuge Restaurant and Bar, the hotel is situated in the Manchester City Centre with unique event spaces for up to 1000 delegates and we’re proud to say that our ballroom is the largest single event space within the Northwest of England, want to be part of this Lifestyle Luxury property?
Reporting into Louise, our Head of Meetings & Events, you will be an exceptional team player and have a passion for delivering an outstanding guest experience. You will be an excellent and confident communicator and can interact with guests and clients to ensure a fantastic experience at our Luxury Lifestyle Property.
Working at Kimpton Clocktower is not just about working and it’s certainly not like working at other place. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion
So, what’s in for you (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts family, a FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world, so we can offer you a market leading package:
- £27200 per annum plus great IHG perks!
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days? (Pro Rated)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family, and friends
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail, and motoring
- Employee assistance programme
- Life insurance
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group both national and international
- Meals whilst on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
What we need from you
As a senior member of the Meeting and Events Management team you will be supervising a large team of colleagues and coordinate your daily tasks accordingly. Born a natural leader, you will be excited to share your knowledge and support with other members of the team.
Main responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Lead the daily preparations for in-house events by ensuring that all events are set up according to standards and guest requests.
- Supervise assigned events and take responsibility of any last-minute changes the organizer may make, and act upon them confidently.
- Work closely with the Events Sales team and ensure efficient interdepartmental communication is guaranteed and maintained at all times.
- Hold regular team briefings to ensure all team members are fully aware of upcoming event requirements, service schedules and menus (ingredients, dietary requirements, etc.)
- Assist in all Food & Beverage outlets if required
- Attend and support departmental meetings or training sessions and be knowledgeable of all departmental standards.
- Encourage and motivate all members of the team to achieve a positive and proactive working environment.
Do you have what it takes to be our Meeting and Events Manager? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!?
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.