Meetings and Events Planning Executive (Full-time) | InterContinental Sydney
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: InterContinental - Sydney (SYDHA)
Job number: EMEAA31355
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
We are delighted to be at the final stage of our exquisite $100-million-dollar hotel refurbishment, set to transform all guest rooms, suites and public spaces; introduce new restaurants and bars; and restore the heritage features of our landmark building.
As our business and our teams continue to grow, we invite you to join our Sales and Events team as a Meetings and Events Planning Executive (Full-time) at this incredibly exciting time for our Hotel!
Your day to day
As Meetings and Events Planning Executive, you are a confident and self-driven professional; eager to deliver seamless luxury experiences to clients.
If successful in this role, you will manage your own clients; work with the operations team to deliver an exceptional M&E experience; conduct famils and convert incoming leads into confirmed events.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone with previous experience in the conferencing & events industry; who is a self starter and who can work autonomously within a dynamic team.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What we need from you
- A passion for all things sales and events - this is our passion too!
- Amazing communication skills both on the phone & in person - you are a people’s person and this shines through
- Excellent attention to detail & commitment to high standards - we are a Luxury hotel experience
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- You must meet the legal requirements to live & work in Australia
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Flexible work options - talk to us about what works for you
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts platform for all your favourite brands and retailers
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit https://careers.ihg.com/en/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.