Meeting & Events (Reservations & Groups) Coordinator
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Hotel: voco™ - Grand Central Hotel (GLAGS)
Job number: R200010
voco Grand Central & Kimpton Blythswood Square have some fantastic opportunities to join the team as one of our Meeting & Events (Reservations & Groups) Coordinator’s.
The role will cover both properties, but be primarily based at the voco Grand Central property, Relive the golden age of travel at voco® Grand Central - Glasgow, an enduring monument to Victorian glamour in an unbeatable central location, attached to Glasgow Central Station, a city landmark since the 19th-century heyday of the railways.
We are looking for a Meeting & Events (Reservations & Groups) Coordinator. with a focus on Groups, Meetings and Events who will report to our Head of Reservations, Groups, Meeting & Events.
You will assist the Events & Reservations office to convert and maximise hotel and event enquiries and bookings to maximise revenue.
You will build strong relationships with your clients through regular contact by telephone, e-mail and in person. You will also actively seek client feedback and sales leads wherever possible. All bookings will be made via our in-house system, creating written confirmations & function sheets.
- Liaise with clients to ensure that accurate details for each event & reservation are obtained
- To consistently deliver an excellent service to all guests and clients making enquiries or bookings at the hotel, with face to face and telephone meetings.
- Establishing client requirements and identifying how the hotel can facilitate their needs
- Responding to all M&E enquiries in-line with company standard
- Ensuring enquiries are managed to maximise sales, occupancy and revenue, including up-selling equipment, F&B and relevant hotel facilities wherever possible
- Accurately inputting all enquiries into Sales and Catering system
- Compiling accurate function sheets, distributing weekly and discussing with Operations Team, accordingly, proving updates as require
- Actively working as part of a team to achieve the department objectives and budget
- Actively consider prevention, recovery, and investigation of any complaints
You will be working across our 4 Star voco Grand Central Hotel and our 5 Star Kimpton Blythswood Square Hotel.
Meeting & Events (Reservations & Groups) Coordinator’s receive some great benefits:
- Up to £25,500.00 per annum, plus great IHG perks!
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Your day to day
You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around this. If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering first-rate guest service through your high-quality work, this role is for you.
Given the nature of this role it’s important that you have some Groups, Meeting & Events experience whether you have previously worked in Hotels or destination venues or have worked in a Events Sales Administration role, this may be the role for you. Along with the above, you’ll pride yourself on your high levels of attention to detail and delivering our brand standards.
We are looking for someone with
- Previous Groups, Meeting and Events experience in a Hotel or Sales role
- Passionate about providing excellent client experiences and engaging with clients
- Confident in proactively preventing problems from occurring and ability to handle service recovery as a result of any complaints
- Someone who loves working in a fast-paced and motivating team...and wants the next exciting step in their career!
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Meeting & Events (Reservations & Groups) Coordinator, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!