Master 24 - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Australia, Queensland, Hayman Island
Hotel: Hayman Island Resort (HISHA), Hayman Island, Whitsunday Islands, 4801
Job number: 117149
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will immerse you in the wonders of the Whitsundays, working in a five-star luxury environment which offers amazing career growth opportunities, professional training & development and provides a one-of-a-kind experience living and working in a tropical island paradise.
About the Position
Our private island retreat is a secluded paradise where luxury meets natural beauty. Nestled in the heart of the Whitsundays, we offer an exclusive and serene getaway for our discerning guests. To maintain the highest standards of service and safety, we are seeking a Master 24 to join our team and oversee our fleet of vessels.
As a Senior Skipper, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that our guests have unforgettable experiences while exploring the waters surrounding Hayman Island and the Great Barrier Reef. You will be responsible for driving and maintaining our 38-foot fishing boat, 8-meter snorkelling boats, and assisting with marina logistics. This role demands a strong understanding of marine operations, strong leadership skills, and a passion for delivering top-tier service.
Safely operate and navigate the 38-foot fishing boat and 8-meter snorkelling boats for guest excursions, ensuring the safety and comfort of all passengers.
Perform routine maintenance and inspections on all vessels to ensure they are in optimal working condition. Coordinate with maintenance staff and third-party technicians for repairs when necessary.
Implement and uphold rigorous safety protocols, including ensuring all necessary safety equipment is on board and that crew and guests are aware of safety procedures. Guest Services: Provide exceptional customer service to all guests on board, including guiding them during fishing trips, snorkelling adventures, and other water-based activities.
Assist with marina logistics, including docking and undocking of vessels, fuelling, provisioning, and maintaining an organized and efficient marina area.
Team Leadership: Supervise and train a team of 5-6 Coxswains, ensuring they adhere to safety and service standards. Lead by example and foster a positive work environment.
Be prepared to respond to emergencies, including medical situations and vessel malfunctions, ensuring the safety and well-being of all guests and crew.
- Master <24m
- MED 2
- Experience operating vessels of various sizes.
- Proficiency in boat maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to provide outstanding guest experiences.
- Strong leadership and teamwork abilities.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and emergency response protocols.
- CPR and First Aid certifications (in line with AMSA regulations)
What we offer
- Extensive career development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional growth opportunities including multi-hire programs, skills training and optional courses.
- World class colleague facilities including excellent subsidised villa accommodation with a dedicated pool, beach area, two gyms, bar, buffet diner, laundry, movie room, corner store and sports fields.
- An exciting and ever-changing colleague activities calendar filled with an abundance of recreational activities such as tennis, yoga, meditation, hikes, markets, crafts and much more.
- IHG Australia’s myBenefits program including paid birthday leave, wellbeing hub, employee room rates, service recognition celebrations & myPerks platform with an extensive list of lifestyle and retail discounts from over 400 of Australia and New Zealand’s most popular retailers.
How to Apply
Please visit Careers - InterContinental Hayman Island [link removed] for further information regarding living and working on Hayman Island including accommodation types, facilities, and FAQ’s.
We also invite you to learn more by following our social channels: Facebook via @ICHIRcareers and Instagram via @ihg_australia_careers
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.