Marketing Manager - Email & Mobile
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United Kingdom, Buckinghamshire, Denham
Hotel: Corp Denham
Job number: R202711
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries to deliver true hospitality for good. Our diverse portfolio of differentiated brands is well known and loved by millions of consumers around the world.
We genuinely care for our entire IHG Hotels & Resorts family. All our colleagues are valued, and their wellbeing matters to us. We provide the support our colleagues need to succeed and recognise them for their hard work. Our diverse global community values different perspectives and cultures.
Your day to day
Influence, manage, execute, and optimise a strategic test and learn approach for IHG’s customer-centric email and mobile marketing programme, ensuring flawless delivery while driving channel efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for all aspects of IHG’s email and mobile marketing programme, including email campaigns, technology solutions, integrations, and processes.
- Deliver the strategic vision and implementation of a customer-centric email and mobile marketing programme in support of business and stakeholder priorities, leveraging industry-leading recommendations and solutions.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive, customer-centric email and mobile portfolio – including lifecycle, promotional and/or transactional marketing campaigns – that drives engagement, conversion, and lifetime value.
- Apply knowledge of email/mobile marketing and communication principles, concepts and industry practices and standards in the analysis of information and overall project effectiveness.
- Recommend and implement strategic initiatives that deliver relevant, personalised experiences and drive marketing effectiveness.
- Audit evergreen and recurring initiatives to recommend fresh, optimised approaches for future executions.
- Influence and implement a data-driven test and learn approach for optimising delivery and portfolio performance.
- Monitor performance and interpret results to offer analytical insights and recommendations for driving effective engagement, conversion, and channel value.
- Develop and socialise policies and procedures for optimising email and mobile operational effectiveness.
- Elevate and promote new ways of working that leverage marketing automation where possible for efficiency.
- Deliver a customer contact strategy that fosters engagement and lifetime value.
- Manage software solutions, integration methodology and scope, as well as implementation schedule – including problem resolution, clash management and general project management.
- Support a service-oriented team culture and mindset, balancing strategic thought-leadership with delivery and execution for our global brands while earning trust and credibility along the way.
- Work with Campaign Management and Business Unit partners to coordinate IHG’s email and mobile marketing calendar.
- Partner with IHG’s Creative Services team to deliver best-in-class email and mobile marketing and creative.
- Work with vendor partners to deliver plans, ensuring alignment, consistency, quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
What we need from you
- 2-5 years relevant marketing experience
- Ideally demonstrated knowledge of the email and mobile marketing landscape, principles, and industry best practices – including GDPR and global data privacy laws
- Strong marketing automation strategy and implementation experience with email products, CRM tools and systems
- Experience interpreting marketing programme results, identifying cause/effect trends in executions, and adapting best practices into future campaigns
- Ability to develop and present data-driven recommendations successfully, promote items persuasively, and shape the opinions of others
What we offer
At IHG we give our colleagues greater flexibility and balance – working in a hybrid way, blending remote and office working. Although we thrive on collaborating in person, we expect that you’re likely to spend time working remotely. Every role is different, and colleagues work with their team and their leader to determine how and when they collaborate in person. We like to believe we offer a unique culture where you have room to be yourself.
Alongside our great working environment, we’ll offer you a strong industry competitive package, including healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity equity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process and working environment.
Whilst this role will initially be based in our Denham head office location, by September 2022 we will be relocating to our new Global Headquarters in central Windsor so you will need to be able to travel to Windsor as required in the longer term.
Closing date for applications: 25th May 2022