Manager, Revenue Management CMH
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Remote US (IHGHQ)
Job number: R187525
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Work with company-managed hotels (CMH) or franchised hotels, fully leveraging systems, tools, vendors, and other IHG teams/departments to maximize revenues. Consult with assigned hotels in the development and management of revenue/yield strategies encompassing all facets of pricing, demand analysis, yield management, market segmentation, business mix, selling strategies and tactics in accordance with worldwide best practices. Facilitate the successful implementation of revenue management strategies throughout the region/brand and from the region/brand to corporate staff. Operate in a matrix management environment to support the overall goals of other departments, with a focus on increasing revenues and RGI (revenue growth index) position. May lead and review the work of less experienced staff by providing mentoring, technical guidance and/or training in daily activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Work individually with hotels in area of assignment to develop and implement strategies and tactics for pricing, yielding, distribution channel optimization, inventory management, and revenue management best practices. Investigate and communicate new ways to capture optimal revenues. Provide feedback to Global Brand Services/Revenue Management to ensure hotel needs and revenue-generating improvements are incorporated into system enhancements or best practices.
- Develop and or assist in developing annual business plans, monthly forecasts, weekly and monthly reporting bundles, analytics against data/business intelligence, and plans for improving, including execution and tracking results.
- Train and support hotels on revenue maximization through the full utilization of the Company’s systems and best practices, in accordance with Global Brand Service/Revenue Management specifications, including Concerto GRS, RMS, GDS (Global Distribution System) interfaces, E-commerce interfaces, property management systems, etc.
- Consult with key managerial groups and applicable personnel (i.e. Franchisees, Principal Correspondents, General Managers, Hotel Revenue Managers, CMH Operations Teams, etc.) to identify hotel issues/concerns with revenue development. Monitor, identify and persuasively communicate needed changes to existing tactical and strategic plans to optimize revenue potential and RGI position.
- Act as IHG liaison with owners, principle correspondents, and management companies to serve as subject matter expert on revenue analytics, strategies, tactics, brand standards, and best practices.
- Continuously revise and challenge strategies and tactics to meet the needs of changing markets, supply, and demand.
- Provide support and liaise to respective stakeholders including Regional VP, DLP (Digital, Loyalty & Partner), Pricing Group, GRS (Global Reservation System), AMER Group, Franchise Support etc.
What we need from you
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Hotel Management, Business, Statistics, Marketing, Finance or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
8+ years progressive work-related experience in hotel operations management, revenue management or consulting, with at least 3 years experience with central reservations systems and revenue management systems, (preferably HOLIDEX Plus and HIRO), which included knowledge and experience in hotel pricing concepts, yield management optimization and selling strategies.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management, and staff. Demonstrated effective conflict management/resolution and negotiation/persuasion skills to persuade GM’s, Principal Correspondents, and other hotel representatives to modify or implement various corporate-sponsored programs and initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience with industry and market trends as they relate to revenue opportunities and demonstrated ability to drive revenue.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective hotel pricing concepts, yield management optimization and selling strategies, and ability to determine which concepts to apply in given market conditions.
- Demonstrated experience in industry training, including preparation, implementation, and delivery of training programs.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to use the results of analysis to make effective strategic decisions.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks/clients required.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.