Manager, Procurement FF&E
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R189184
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
The position of Manager, Procurement - FF&E is within procurement in support of the IHG procurement strategy. IHG Procurement is undergoing a transformation in support of corporate objectives and the Winning Way. The incumbents will be experienced procurement professionals, though this may be a development role for an experienced and competent category Analyst/Specialist. They will be expected to work collaboratively with peers, as well as lead cross-functional teams of stakeholders and managers through Sourcing Management, Demand Management and Supplier Relationship Management as a structured process to deliver breakthrough results for the business. Categories may present spends ranging/in excess of $300 million spend p.a.; have up 1,000+ suppliers and be complex and may be challenging as they consist of a number of associated categories each of which is in itself complex.
- Category Scope: Responsible for the development and execution of whole-life Category Strategies for a portfolio of categories; fostering of supplier relationships; and, reporting of outcomes of efforts.
Your day to day
- Sourcing Management: Committed to adopting, exercising and leading Sourcing Management processes/protocols while influencing and leading cross-functional teams.
- Sourcing: To manage a portfolio of sourcing activities including RFX, RFP, negotiations and contracting to ensure that the most effective supply base is developed for each of the categories under management.
- Strategy Implementation: To ensure that all strategies and agreements are effectively implemented.
- Continuous Improvement: To work with Business Partners to identify emerging requirements and to drive strategies and activities to deliver continuous compliance, cost and quality improvements within the supply base in pursuit of stakeholder needs.
- Stakeholder Management: To engage with Business Partners and senior stakeholders in such a way that encourages the ongoing support of stakeholders; communicating an understanding and commitment to working together to solve their business needs/challenges through the management of third party suppliers.
- Business Requirements: To develop an understanding and work towards business requirements in symphony with the Category Director and VP.
- Results and Performance: The incumbents will be accountable for executing transparent, compliant, quality-driven, and cost-effective options/results as measured by an agreed to balanced scorecard.
- Role Models: The incumbents will conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the commitment to being responsible corporate citizens, ambassadors of our brand, and trusted advisors.
- Project and Change Management: The complexity of categories and projects requires a significant level of high-quality project and program management skills and a proven ability to manage change both internal and external through to successful completion.
What we need from you
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- 5-8 years progressive work-related experience including:
- Proficient in the Category Management methodology and procurement processes
- Track record of developing and implementing L3 Category Plans
- Category management experience in a global organization
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and provide insight on supply markets
- Strong procurement technical skills, legal knowledge and RFI/P leadership
- Experience of managing complex supplier relationships
- Capable of leading and being part of matrixed team in a project environment
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Effective project management skills
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans