Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: R188187
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Co-manage hotel projects, aligned with assigned Manager, Property Improvements & Plan Review, for an assigned territory of franchised hotels which may include a Property Improvement Plan (PIP) for a renovation and/or new development (ND) hotel construction or conversion project. Serve as a recognized architectural, design and construction expert for a segment of premium/upscale IHG brand hotels. Manager, Property Improvements will focus primary responsibilities on the PIP discipline as assigned per hiring manager.
Responsibilities may include managing all on-site PIP renovation and construction activities to ensure compliance with franchise License Agreements, including conformance with any associated PIP, Plan Review and FF&E submittals, Hotel Design Guidelines, Hotel Brand standards, IHG Brand Safety Standards and ADA requirements and other related design criteria requirements. Provide construction guidance and assistance to IHG franchisees and their assigned design team consultants through all phases of the PIP, including assisting with design / construction solutions as project field conditions arise, ensuring timely and successful completion of projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities)
- Property Improvement Plan (PIP) projects –Conduct PIP visits / product assessments for existing hotel product seeking to License/re-License/convert to an IHG franchise agreement. Inspection includes a thorough walk of the hotel assessing the hotel’s architecture and design for appropriateness in today’s market, alignment with brand design philosophies, condition of current product, and conformance to Brand and IHG Life Safety Standards, building codes, and ADA.
- Produce a comprehensive PIP narrative document that lists PIP renovation requirements.
- Conduct and manage onsite design and PIP scope meetings with ownership ensuring onsite renovation activities are in compliance with PIP documents and are on schedule with PIP Milestone Dates.
- Co-manage hotel projects with Manager, Property Improvements & Plan Review.
- Meet with ownership representatives during construction phase to resolve any field construction issues, and oversee conformance to IHG requirements.
- Manage assigned travel budget.
- Proactively consult with Development Team and ownership prior to presenting to Franchise Approval Committee (FAC) to work through scope of work, design issues, and renovation timelines
- Assist owners with appeal to franchisee / owner PIP waiver requests and timeline extension requests. Negotiate PIP issues and work out all PIP project details to set the PIP scope of work and its timeline for completion.
- Responsible to make sure all construction / renovation milestones are monitored on a pro-active basis and information is communicated to the appropriate IHG parties (e.g. NHOP, Plan Review, Quality, etc.).
- Consult with franchisees, design professionals and hotel owners to assist in the development of construction schedules for Property Improvement Plan (PIP) and new development hotel projects.
- Effectively manage an assigned territory by evaluating and tracking progress all ongoing PIP project field activities, prepare written reports and/or summaries for management as needed.
- Manage electronic project management systems for executed projects for content and accuracy of input for assigned projects.
- Periodically perform special Property Improvement Plan inspections both domestically and internationally. Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Provide timely written follow-up (e.g. reports, letters and emails, etc.) associated with all site visits and other forms of communication or agreements with Licensee and their assigned representatives.
What we need from you
- Manager is responsible for addressing design and construction or PIP waiver requests from ownership.
- Manager is expected to provide design solutions (with assistance of Plan Review Manager) to problems and be ready to recommend known design professionals to assist franchisee upon request or as Manager feels necessary.
- Project size – Typical PIP will cost owner from $5M to $100M+ and will involve a 60 to 400 room hotel. Typical New Development will cost an owner $100M to $300M+.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Architecture, Design, Construction Management, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience. AIA or ASID certifications preferred.
8+ years progressive work-related experience in design, architecture or construction management, with at least two years prior experience in hotel industry renovation or new build projects. Must have two years prior project management experience in order to coordinate renovation projects within a given territory.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
- Demonstrate project management experience in organizing, planning and executing complex, large-scale upscale and luxury projects from conception through implementation.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, Design teams, senior management and IHG Internal Partners. Demonstrated ability to communicate supportive program details (presentation, analysis) to present a persuasive argument or to effectively negotiate a position, and to clearly explain specific requirements for active projects.
- Demonstrate computer skills. Experience with Bluebeam, Google Drive/Docs, Microsoft Word preferred
- Demonstrate knowledge of brand standards and full understanding of the differences in the various brand standards. Must maintain a working knowledge of all requirements described in each brand standards manual.
- Demonstrate knowledge of upscale and luxury level design execution and the ability to verbalize expectations and intent of design philosophies.
- Demonstrate ability to read blueprints including architectural, mechanical, plumbing, sprinkler systems and electrical drawings.
- Demonstrate ability to interpret design boards and specifications and provide free-hand renderings, layouts or other drawings to clarify design issues or as the need arises.
- Demonstrate ability to remain current with construction trends, code requirements and design through participating in annual continuing education classes.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively prioritize project details and manage time usage to track active renovation, conversion and new development properties, and to determine if plans have been submitted in a timely manner and/or if PIP Managers have performed milestone visits in a timely manner. Must make immediate time available to return telephone calls and work with franchisees when problems arise regarding project development, Brand standards or vendor-related issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of national building codes and ADA requirements.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to an individual’s, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
IHG is committed to promoting a culture of inclusion where everyone feels safe, respected and valued. We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our teams and encourage our colleagues to bring their authentic and best selves to work.